Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm on chrome and open spotify to start off my workday and the 15s skip is missing to listen to my podcasts. I reloaded the page, rebooted the computer and listened to a song and then flipped back to the podcast. I also tried looping and shuffling but the buttons wouldn't come back. How can I get them back? It makes it hard to go back when I miss something

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
Elena

Hey @Skye18

Welcome to the Community, thanks for reaching out about this. 

At the moment, the 15 seconds skip feature is not available in the web player. If possible, we'd recommend downloading the app directly from the Microsoft Store so you can enjoy this feature.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

blaexroid
Music Fan

Hey @Skye18

Welcome to the Community, thanks for reaching out about this. 

At the moment, try to delete the cookies. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Support by liking the comment

hachadwin
Visitor

I'm often listen to Spotify on my desktop, and I noticed the 15s skip/rewind is missing. When do you expect to have this function available again for the web player? 

flowl
Visitor

The ability to do so already exists when listening via ios's app, and I make tons of use of it, especially during podcasts when I miss some context or with music if something was distracting me during the best part of the song.

Currently the only similar buttons when listening on Desktop's Web Player are "Next" and "Previous" which are entirely useless if the content you wish to hear is already what's currently playing.

Capture.PNG
red.jpg
Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for the reports you sent us.

Our developer team is currently trying out a fix for this. Could you please share if the option to skip 15s forwards and backwards is now available for you in the web player? 

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Jako-San
Visitor

With Spotify growing in the podcast department it would be great to add this common podcast feature. Most apps will have a quick way to skip ahead or backward 10 or 15 seconds to re-listen to something you might have missed.  Would be convenient if you could use the left/right arrow keys to do this. YouTube has great examples of this type of navigation.

Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't find it in my searches. I'm primarily using Spotify on the web.