Web Player

Device: Windows

Operating System Version: Windows 7

Spotify Version: Web Player

Description:

I am on my work computer and connot download the Spotify App. I have always used Google Chrome to access the web player. I have had no issues until last week. Suddenly when I logged in, it would only play this one song and go to that album. After reading through the community posts I was told to clear my browsing history, which I have done. Now when I log in I can see my playlist and move through the program easily but when I try to play a song nothing happens. Nothing. It lets me hit play but nothing comes up...most of the time. it will work fine sporadically but not usually. This happens in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.  I have no problems on any device that I have Spotify downloaded

To reproduce:

1. Log IN
  2. Hit play
  3. nothing happens

Workaround: N/A

Additional information: N?A

Hey!

It seems we didn't receive a reply. We're setting this as "Closed" in the meantime.

Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists.

0 Likes
Comments
jean3601
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @maggie-beth

It sounds like your work is blocking Spotify, could you try and clear your browsers cache? Does this solve the issue?

maggie-beth
Casual Listener

I have and it does help some. Now it will play songs but won't add anything to the queue. I can play only a play list or select one song at a time.Its just not consistent at all. I have been listening for so long with out an issue. I asked out IT person if changes were made and she said there was none. 

lealbruce
Music Fan

@maggie-beth  So your issue is that you cannot download the spotify app for Windows 7? 

I would suggest going here on your home network, download the spotify app onto a flash drive, then load the flash drive once you return to work. If this does not work, then your network's security setting is the issue, and not Spotify. 

Try this and see if it works! 🙂

gnovella16
Roadie

Hey!

Just to make sure, are you still having this issue?

Keep us posted 🙂

gnovella16
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey!

It seems we didn't receive a reply. We're setting this as "Closed" in the meantime.

Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists.

Related Issues