Announcements

Web player does not work

Web player does not work for me (and other users, mentioned a lot of times on the support forums) anywhere: no browsers, no modes (incognito); removing the cookies/cache does not help as well. However, desktop and mobile apps are working.

The solutions mentioned on the forums do not help neither.

The symptoms are simple: after the play button is pressed, the web player just skips all songs and it never stops.Chrome_consoleChrome_console

I've just checked the browser console in Chrome and it seems that there is a kind of misconfiguration, see the pic above (also attached).

I highly doubt that this is a client-side issue. The web player does not work over any connections from any locations tested. I have a premium subscription so it shouldn't be an issue.

Please take a look into this. We just want our music available in any of the offered ways, including the web player.

Screenshot (9).png

Hey folks! Thanks for reporting this!

And thanks @drorsabi1 for the video of this issue.

Great to hear things are working again on your end @JohnFitzgerald1/@user-removed, feel free to give me a shout if you need anything else.

Also, @drorsabi1, could you try playing music with a different account (e.g. from a friend or family member)? Does that help? Let me know! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

Comments
drorsabi1

The same for me

drorsabi1

JohnFitzgerald1

drorsabi1 and anyone else interested - I've got an update for you. I've reached to the Spotify team on Twitter, and after some time of troubleshooting they concluded that the issue is likely somehow tied to the account. So, I have recreated my account and the folks moved all my playlists to the new one, which solved the web player issue.

I'm still not sure that this is the best way of resolving this, and I was not provided with an explanation of how this is possible at all. But anyway, I have a working web player now.

Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey folks! Thanks for reporting this!

And thanks @drorsabi1 for the video of this issue.

Great to hear things are working again on your end @JohnFitzgerald1/@user-removed, feel free to give me a shout if you need anything else.

Also, @drorsabi1, could you try playing music with a different account (e.g. from a friend or family member)? Does that help? Let me know! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

Env: prod