Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How can I prevent my monitor from shutting off when I start the web player?

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience and all your reports so far.

We've passed them on to the right teams and after checking this, we've come to the conclusion that unfortunately this isn't something we can help with further on our end.

If there's anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in our Help Boards. Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments

Hey @Pizzlefank.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out :)

Hm, that's odd! Could you please try the following:

• Make sure your browser is up to date
  • Use an alternative browser and see if the same thing happens
  • Open the Web Player in an incognito browser?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need any more help.

dirvine534

I get the same problem, I have a laptop at work with two other monitors attached. when i use spotify every time you hit play, skip forward or skip back it turns off one of my screens. 

I've tried in multiple browsers (all up to date) and even incognito mode, the problem still persists. 

Hey @dirvine534.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Could you let us know if your secondary monitor is a mirror of your primary one, or is it being used as an independent monitor? Once we have this information we will look into the issue further.

Many thanks!

dirvine534
They are all independent
Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey again @dirvine534

Does the monitor that has the Web Player showing turn off, or is it random? Have you tried having the Web Player on your laptop screen and see if the same thing happen while the other monitors are turned on?

Further, what happens when a monitor shuts down? Does it lose signal, or shut down completely? 

Please ensure that you have your browser up-to-date, and try with different browsers to see if the same thing happens. If it does, let us know your browser versions. 

Keep us updated!

dirvine534
It was the same monitor each time, regards of which screen the player was
on.
What happened was the monitor lost signal, went black and then regained the
signal.

It it less extreme now, but it still flickers the monitor when changing
song but doesn't completely turn it off.
hamster1337

Hi,

same problem here with DELL Latitude 7490 Laptop connected with 2 EIZO monitors via Dell Business Dock WD15, used as 2nd and 3rd display, running in Chrome (Version 70.0.3538.77, 64 bit) on Windows 10.

BR Daniel

koush123
As soon as the web player loads in the browser - i don't even have to hit play my second monitor turns off. I have all the latest browser and windows updates. Dell Latitude 7480 using a Dell Dock. The signal loss is as though the monitor has been has its HDMI cable removed, still has power, just not signal, then eventually goes into sleep mode. As soon as i close the browser tab, the monitor comes on again.
adrdbr

Hello,

I noticed the same problem this morning when trying to use the Web Player from Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I have a laptop + 2 Dell P2414H. 

The issue appears after I open the layer and log in. 

It consists of the 2 monitors going black and laptop monitor remaining on. Had to use ALT+F4 to close the Chrome tab with the Web Player in order to have the monitors "open" again.

Managed to use Spotify either from Firefox or through the local application.

Seem that this is related to Chrome. I have deleted the cookies and the cache but to no avail.

Kaz10

The same issue occurs for me and it is the strangest and is  kind of a concerning issue. I am on a custom built PC operating on Windows 10. Latest version of Chrome as a browser. It appears that simply unplugging and plugging my HDMI monitor connection brings back my display however it is by no means a solution. I shouldn't have to manually reach around and rewire my system due to a crash from what I have determined to be the web player. 

I have had it happen at 5 different times of the day, over two days, and everytime it was due to either opening the webplayer directly from Google or following a link to a playlist. As soon as the App opens, 3 seconds later my monitor disconnects from my system. 

What's up with the new update?!

Please keep us updated