Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How can I prevent my monitor from shutting off when I start the web player?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the info you've provided so far. The right team is still looking into this. In the meantime, we'd like to ask you try something. Log out from your account on the Web Player, and let us know if the issue with the monitor persists when you visit the Web Player again.

If you haven't already, make sure to click +VOTE. We'll let you know as soon as we've got any updates.

Related Issues

Comments
nemansyed

I'm having the same problem, three monitor setup.

HP EliteBook 9480, Windows 10, Acer (DVI) and ASUS (HDMI) monitors plugged into dock.

1. Open Chrome (up-to-date). Everything is awesome.
  2. https://open.spotify.com/browse/ on any tab on any monitor.
  3. Acer monitor behaves as if cable was disconnected/signal was lost, 100% of the time. ASUS monitor does the same, so far 50% of the time. So far, after a short delay, the Acer monitor has recovered once. The ASUS monitor has recovered each time. Primary monitor (laptop's built-in) works fine.
  4. Close the browser tab with the Spotify web player. Everything is awesome again.
  • IE doesn't support the player
  • Edge seems to work, as does Firefox. (FF is intentionally very out-of-date, so it's not a good test.)
  • Seems all Chrome so far.

I have shot a brief video of this happening, but would prefer to send it privately.

xscoex

I have a rather strange problem. As soon as I log into Spotify Web using Chrome, my two external screens go black. Windows still recognizes the screens and I can use them, they are just black. When I log out of the Web App, the screens go back to normal. I am using a Lenovo T470 running Windows 10 in a docking station with 2 external Eizo screens. Using Microsoft Edge, the problem does not occur. Also it does not always occur. I had it a few times in the past, but was not able to connect it to Spotify. The problem usually went away after tinkering with on/off and the cables for a while. Today it occured again and seems to now be here to stay. I tried incognito mode and deleting the cache with no success.

Tl;dr: External screens go black when logging into the Spotify Web App

Snooze63

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I am having issues with my dula monitors when using the spotify webplayer. The issue is that one of my monirots goes to sleep whenever I use the Spotify webplayer and I keep getting  "error code 53" and "error 4" messages when trying to download the app to my laptop.

Does anyone know what can be causing this or how to fix it so I can enjoy music while I work?

plasmatank

I have the same problem, with a 4 monitor setup. Regardless of which window the browser opens on, my central (asus) monitor will appear to disconnect and then reconnect. This only happens when the webpage loads, and lasts for after a few seconds. It is very frustrating. Anyone found a solution yet?

Edit: The same probelm occurs when closing the webpage :(

Hey @xscoex, help's here.

That's odd. Does it matter if you have any of the other monitors as the main monitor? 

We suggest that you disable hardware acceleration on your Chrome:

1. Go to Chrome meny on the top-right
  2. Click settings
  3. Click Show advance settings
  4. Under 'System', uncheck 'Use hardware acceleration when available'.
  5. Restart Chrome

If that doesn't help, you may need to reset your Chrome. 

Let us know how it goes!
Martyx

I have the same problem. 2 monitors and when I open Spotify Web Browser my main monitor loses signal. It's 1 month or more old issue. Why it still nobody fixed it? What is the solution? In the past it works everything OK but due to new updates it's broken right now.

PLEASE HELP !!

Thank you.

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your reports. 

We've now reported this to the right teams. If this issue occurs for you, make sure to click +VOTE so you can stay up to speed.

We'll let you know as soon as we've got any updates.

ChrissW-R1

Hi there,

I have the same **bleep** issue. But it only appears on my HDMI monitors. If I have one HDMI monitor and one with DVI only the HDMI monitor getting black. On a two HDMI monitors setup both monitors are shutting off.

It appears everytime I start any song or playlist an the monitors comes back, if I close the complete Web Player. (only the tab not the whole browser)

Also the hardware acceleration doesn't matter. It appears with and without hardware acceleration.

More information:

* the monitors are all independet

* where the Web Player is shown makes no difference

* the monitors showing a black screen (no backlight) but they are still on and have a connection (no error message about a missing cable is shown).

* I'm using Google Chrome in the newest version (It also appears in all version of the last year I used; regulary updates)

Setup:

* Lenovo notebook

* Dell monitors (one or two)

* Windows 10

Thanks for your support

Chriss

Carlos_m_

Hello,

Are there any updates for this problem?

Regards.

Hey @Carlos_m_,

We're still looking into this. As soon as there's an update we will post it here :)

Have a nice day!