Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How can I prevent my monitor from shutting off when I start the web player?

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience and all your reports so far.

We've passed them on to the right teams and after checking this, we've come to the conclusion that unfortunately this isn't something we can help with further on our end.

If there's anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in our Help Boards. Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
ShogunYama

I really wish that there was a more permanent fix. I just had this issue again today, found that the PnP Monitor drivers had been re-enabled by Windows Updates. Thankfully, the workaround of disabling the driver in the device manager still seems to fix the black screen issues.

One adverse effect that I did discover with disabling the Generic PnP Monitor on a laptop is that a lot of the screen function keys cease to work properly, changing brightness for example. The flicker doesn't seem to affect my laptop screen, so I haven't seen any issues re-enabling that one instance. (Unless that is was triggered Win-Updates to re-enable all of the devices...)

cjfett
Visitor

Reporting the same issue here. 

Connected Dell Laptop through a Crestron Projection system this morning. All audio worked fine when rehearsing presentation but as soon as we launched the mobile spotify app, completely lost video. No music played via spotify but audio from the laptop (volume adjustment bing) ran through the sound system. 

KTiby
Visitor

This issue still persists. I could replicate this very annyoing behavior on Chrome and Firefox either.
Chrome Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox Quantum 6 9.0 (64-bit)
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64bit
HP elitebook 840G
PLEASE HELP!!!