Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How can I prevent my monitor from shutting off when I start the web player?

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience and all your reports so far.

We've passed them on to the right teams and after checking this, we've come to the conclusion that unfortunately this isn't something we can help with further on our end.

If there's anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in our Help Boards. Thanks!

Comments
Montannaewers

For what it's worth, I'm having this issue as well. It occurs only when I first log-in to the Web Player, although it corrects itself after three cycles of my monitor losing/regaining connection. However, when I select play, it will continue to lose/regain connection until I select pause of close the tab. HP ProBook, Chrome, Windows 10.

Snooze63
This is really concerning especially when there is nothing from Spotify as
far as a fix or response with some sort of information. I have tried
downloading the app and that gives me trouble as well. It keeps saying
error and tells me to go to the Microsoft store and try downloading it
there. I do and nothing happens. It's just been a very disappointing matter
that has not been addressed.

I guess I will stick to Pandora and YouTube since neither of those apps or
website's seems to be having these types of issues.

So much for customer service!!!
leshii

@Snooze63 wrote:

So much for customer service!!!

Literally one week ago, someone from Spotify posted in this thread saying this issue was under investigation. Two weeks ago and one week before that two different moderators requested additional information from users, including me, to clarify our issues. Moderators have been posting updates in some form or another at least monthly since October of last year, and more frequently since the new year.

It is an issue that appears to be complicated and isolated to a fairly narrow group of people. Shockingly, not every technical issue has a simple solution. 

If anything, I'd say that this is great customer service. For a majority of other apps and web-based services, your complaints or questions disappear into the ether. If anything, they're reading them off at Christmas parties and using them for drinking games.

Xmer

I started listening to open.spotify.com at work. I have an HP Elitebook on a docking station. The monitors with the issue are the two that are conned via the docking station. As soon as I log out of spotify the flickering stops. The moment I log back in it continues to flicker / disconnect.

Thanks!

Martyx

I don't know what happened but now it's working fine. Maybe some Windows update? Maybe Spotify update? Or update of something else? I don't know but now it's working.

What about other users? Do you still have the same problem?

Montannaewers
Still having issues here. Same problem as before. Second monitor repeatedly loses/regains connection whenever music is actively streaming in the web player.
Xmer

Still experiencing the issue as well.

Hey @Martyx, glad to hear it worked out for you. We're curious about what might've happened. Did you restart the PC at some point? We understand it may be difficult to know this, but any extra info would be helpful.

For the rest, we're still looking into this and can assure you that you'll be the first to know as soon as we have updates. 

All the best!

Xmer

@Jemi, I am embarrased to say that after reading your comment I rebooted my machine. I've been avoiding doing that this month as my work requires us change all the our user settings after every reboot in order to grant ourselves administrative access. Anyway - after rebooting the issue seems to have gone away.

jhearsandboos

Update:  I narrowed my issues down to something I had installed to manage my desktops - DisplayFusion Pro. I've since uninstalled it and I have no issues launching Spotify Web Player anymore. Good luck, everybody.

I take it back. DisplayFusion wasn't the cause and the issues are still happening, but it's definitely not just Spotify; it's also Netflix and TSN among others.  It also seems to be Chrome based, because I can run VLC and MPC just fine; just running things in a browser seem to make my HDMI drop out and glitch.