When artist shuffled, or using radio, only playing songs I frequently listen to

I've had this issue recently where when I either shuffle through an artist's music, or start a radio based on an artist, it will only choose songs that I frequently listen to on a normal basis.

For example, I might listen to one album by a certain artist somewhat frequently. But, when I want to shuffle everything by that artist, it is 90% the songs on that particular album. If I wanted to just listen to that album, I would pick that album. 

Similar thing is happening when I start an artist radio. When I start an artist radio, I want to listen to their music PLUS music that is similar to them. Instead, Spotify is just picking songs that are related to my most popular playlists, whether or not it is similar to the artist that I chose to start the radio from.

I like to find new music to listen to, and these are normally both options are ways in which I find new music that I like. It's trying to play music that it knows that I like, but now it's doing it so much so that it's faulty.

We're changing the status to this post as Closed since we haven't heard from you in a while. No worries though, you can get back in touch with us if you still need help. 

Hope you have a great day 🙂 
Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @bhindman! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. Let's get to the bottom of this. Could you let me know your Spotify, OS and device versions? Also, if you could check if there are any songs stuck up in your queue with these steps:

Queue-twitter.png

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Have a great day!

bhindman

@Hubo My Spotify version is the newest version, my computer has Windows 10, and my phone is an apple iphone 6. 

JuanSebastian

Thanks for the info @bhindman!

Can you let us know if this also happens when using our web player? Let's try reinstalling the app on both your devices to see if this helps.

Keep us posted. 

Mara_F
Status changed to: Closed

We're changing the status to this post as Closed since we haven't heard from you in a while. No worries though, you can get back in touch with us if you still need help. 

Hope you have a great day 🙂