Where did the back button go?

The back button on the album view seems to have disappeared on the iPhone app? If I go an artist, click on an album, then play a track, I have the down arrow to drop the play screen back to the album, but there's no back button to navigate back to the artist page.

Hey folks!

We've reached out to our tech team on this one.

We can confirm that right now, this is expected behaviour.

Rest assured however we've passed your feedback about this directly on.
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Apologies for any confusion, and let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Thanks,

/M

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @mattlokot, thanks for reaching out!

That's not cool! Could you send over a screenshot of how things are looking on your end? Also, does swiping back to the artist view work? Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

mattlokot

Hey, I've just tried to replicate the issue and it all seems to work now. I did close and reset the app at one point so it may have fixed it. I thought maybe somehow the Android navigation had snuck over to iOS since iPhone doesn't have a physical back button. Hmm. I'll let you know if this happens again. 

Hubo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @mattlokot! Thanks for keeping me posted!

Awesome to hear things are back to normal. Be sure to let me know if this pops up again! 🙂

Have an amazing weekend!

Claudiusmeus

Same here. Previous/back button on left corner < disappears systematically once you apply filter on artist album list. It requires to reset app to get back .Quite annoying! Last version on last iPad IOS.

mattlokot

That's it! Same for me. Thank you.

I can replicate this - search for artist The Offspring, click on all albums, filter for album Smash, tap on the album, and the back button has disappeared

2955002A-C439-4C6F-8A87-342F2AAB272B.png

Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks!

I've reopened the issue report, could you let me know your iOS, Spotify and device versions? Also, have you turned on any of the accessibility features in iOS settings? Let me know! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

mattlokot

I have iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.5.

Spotify version 8.4.38.634

I think all my accessibility settings are still at defaults.

Hubo

Hey @mattlokot!

Thanks for keeping me posted! Does a full reinstall of the Spotify app help here? Also, could you try this with a different Spotify account (e.g. from a friend/family member)? Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

Claudiusmeus

Hi,

myself, Spotify version 8.4.38.634 on

ipad 9.7 2017 iOS 11.2.2

ipod 6th  iOS 11.2.2.

Reinstalling on both did not work.

Accessibility is on default settings.

Previous Spotify versions worked like a charm.

Leonardo

Hey @mattlokot and @Claudiusmeus!

Thanks for all the information you guys have provided.

We were able to replicate this same behavior from our end and will pass this report on to the right team.

We'll make sure to keep you guys updated.