Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is volume normalization for Amazon Alexa?

I use Spotify mostly through my Amazon Echo Dot, and I find myself having to adjust volume between almost every song due to the large volume differences, especially when listening to Classical recordings. Where can I find the volume normalization option for Alexa?

Hey @agaliullin!

Right now, normalizing the volume isn't an option when your account is linked directly to Amazon Echo, but we'll let the right folks know it's something you'd like to see.

However, if you use your Echo as a Bluetooth speaker, the volume normalization from the phone app will take effect.

To do this, you just need to ask Alexa to pair Bluetooth while your phone's Bluetooth is active. You'll be able to choose the speaker as a device from the Spotify app. The only drawback is that you won't be able to control it with voice commands. 

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

All the best.

Comments
Alfredo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @agaliullin!

Right now, normalizing the volume isn't an option when your account is linked directly to Amazon Echo, but we'll let the right folks know it's something you'd like to see.

However, if you use your Echo as a Bluetooth speaker, the volume normalization from the phone app will take effect.

To do this, you just need to ask Alexa to pair Bluetooth while your phone's Bluetooth is active. You'll be able to choose the speaker as a device from the Spotify app. The only drawback is that you won't be able to control it with voice commands. 

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

All the best.

tonman87

I’d love to see this option as well— including the ability to set the level (loud, normal, quiet), just as on the app

nkerzman

Community Admin, please combine these different ideas that are all for the same feature.

sekmo

Pleaaaaase... we need volume normalization! 🙂

dheckler587

Wow, it's been over 2 years since this request was submitted and there still is no volume normalization for music played back through Amazon Echo or AirPlay… any ETA on when this will be fixed??

Dr_DWALL

Please enable spotify apps to continue all audio controls, including EQ, but especially normalization, for wifi speakers. This is crazy that for 2 yrs this simple internal software issue has not been resolved. Simply enable all controls for bluetooth speaker connectivity to also work on wifi speaker connectivity.

ijlane-gb

I have the same issue and it is REALLY ANNOYING ME! I play music quietly all night to help me sleep as I have tinnitus in both ears. Listening to quiet music reduces the tinnitus noises. However, the lack of volume normalisation is driving me crackers as some tracks are VERY LOUD and wake me up, whilst others are so quiet I can't hear them. Please Spotify tech support add this feature to other devices before I go completely barmy!!

dvanmeg

Shocking that we're still waiting on this one. Perhaps it's easier said than done, but after 2.5 years and gazillions more Alexa devices sold, I feel like this ought to be a pretty high priority for Spotify to implement. 

caseylmoore49

This would be such a nice feature.  Volume levels vary so much between songs.  It sucks to be constantly adjusting the volume.

kartana

This topic is from 2018 and it's still an issue. Why is that?