Why are song titles in japanese

So most of the songs in my playlists have been translated to japanese, though they’re all mostly english and norwegian songs. I was recently hacked, don’t know if that’s why it’s this way, but I can’t seem to get rid of it. It’s not a huge problem, but it sure is annoying.. Anyone know how fix it?F3A1C32D-5517-46F3-900C-6BFD2C7D0AE7.png

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports regarding this issue.

Please keep in mind that we upload track information as we receive it. Once we receive updated info on a track's metadata, we'll make sure that any changes will be reflected on our side as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Comments
ericl22

Spotify Premium

USA

MacBook Air Early-2014 and iPhone 7

Mac OS 10.13.6

This occurs on both my Macbook Air and iPhone, please help. It doesn't seem to be a problem with my device but rather with the Spotify program.

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 3.05.03 PM.png

Hey @ericl22,

Thanks for reaching out to us :) Let's see what we can do.

First, we recommend you try a clean reinstall of your desktop app on your MacBook. 

As for your iPhone, could you tell us what language your device is set to? Usually the language settings of your mobile device determine the language of your Spotify app (you can see that here), so you will have to change the device's language first.

In any case, it would be useful if you provided us screenshots showing the language settings on each of your apps (both phone and desktop), which you can find under Settings.

Keep us posted,

P

NathanT2187

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Toshiba Satellite PC

Operating System 

Windows

My Question or Issue

Some of my music has weird lettering next to it, It wasn't there yesterday. Why is it there?

bf9e51b23d78c7ef5f8d64a2e7f0fb92.png
dennyelvis
Roadie

No answer I'm afraid but it's the same on NAT KING COLE'S REGENERATION remix album, Chinese maybe?

CryticalAce
Community Legend

Hey @michelleskn,

That's annoying! Going off the fact you had been hacked, I'd say your location was changed to Japan and as such songs are now having Japanese names tacked on to them. 

Just a couple things that should help, to make sure your account is secure, have a quick look at this.

Once that is done, head over to your Spotify account page and change your country there! :)

If anything above doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to find something else for you! 

Thanks!

michelleskn
Casual Listener

Thanks! Thing is, though, they have not changed the country nor the language.. I checked earlier 

CryticalAce
Community Legend

This is quite bizarre, I'll ask some questions and see what I can find for you! :)

kpwxx

As title; since recently, some songs from various Disney albums display part of the title in Japanese, even though my Spotify language is set to English. This did not use to happen for these albums. It also happens for a friend, and I assume for everyone. Seems like maybe the data for the Japanese version is being fetched?

Some example affected albums - see attached pictures.

Plan

Premium

Country
UK
Spotify Language
English (English)

Device

Various inc. Desktop PC, Moto G5s Plus

Operating System

Various including Windows 7, Android

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
kpwxx

First example I've seen of a non-Disney album, this is the album title instead of songs. This is published by Universal, so I guess that indicates it's not a Disney issue but a Spotify one? 

Screenshot_20181002-074756.png
normalisboring

Plan Premium

Device

iPhone 8, Chrome, Mac Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

After I listen to a song, the album and the songs on it have Chinese characters at the end. I already changed my password and logged out from all the devices connected to my account but they still appear. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 1.43.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 1.44.12 PM.png