Why has Latino been removed from Genres and Moods of the web player?

I use the web player while working and now I have to find the Latino genre page from Google and that is not very user friendly.

Hey folks! 

Hope everything's working fine now. It's been a while since the last update on the post, so we'll be closing it for now. If you need anything else, just give us a shout.

Take care!

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
dartzoner
Festival Fanatic

Probably because it's racist to have a genre based on skin color.

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @johannaraisa! Thanks for your report.

That's not cool! Could you send over a screenshot of what you're seeing in Genres and Moods? Also, what country is your Spotify account registered to? I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks, take care! :)

johannaraisa
Music Lover

Hi, @Huib! Thanks for the response.

My Spotify is registered to Finland. I took a screenshot for you but noticed that now the page doesn't load propelly. Seems that all the genres won't load and the spinner just keeps spinning.

GenresGenres

Best regards! :)

Top Star
Top Star

Hey @johannaraisa!

Hmm, that's odd. Could you try to clear the cache and cookies of your web browser? That might help here! :)

Keep me posted!

johannaraisa
Music Lover

Hi, @Huib!

Nope, didn't help. I even tried another browser but both Firefox and Chrome are giving the same results. Last week the whole page was loading but missed the Latin genre.

I use it mainly with FireFox and the current version is 55.0.2 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. There can be a problem with the Ubuntu version of the Flash plugin but that loading problem seems to be only on Genre and Moods page.

Happy to help!

Top Star
Top Star

Hey @johannaraisa! Thanks for bringing this to light!

I'd love to get to the bottom of this. Could you try to login with a different Spotify account? That might help here. Also, if that didn't help, could you try opening the Web Player with a different network connection? Let me know how you get on! :)

Thanks for your patience on this one!

Huib

johannaraisa
Music Lover

Hi, @Huib!

Today the list seems to load propelly and Latin is back. Wondering if you have some limit generating the items on the page since now I see that Decades has disappeared for example?

Thank you for helping, cheers!

Hey @johannaraisa! Thanks for letting us know that. 

Just to make sure, does this continue happening if you use the desktop app instead of the web player?

Keep us in the loop. 

Status changed to: Closed

Hey folks! 

Hope everything's working fine now. It's been a while since the last update on the post, so we'll be closing it for now. If you need anything else, just give us a shout.

Take care!