[Windows] Desktop app now uses default chrome class name

As of version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc with the windowing changes that were made the class name was left the default "Chrome_WidgetWin_0". I assume this was an oversight by the programming team as in the past the class name was "SpotifyMainWindow".

While on the surface this seems like no big deal the issue is that many programs rely on this to tell if Spotify is locally running or not, among other reasons, for use with the official API. Is this something that will be changed/reverted in a future update?

Hey folks,

We know it's not ideal, but we can confirm this was an intentional change. If this causes any issues, we'd recommend heading over to our developer support page to discuss possible work arounds. 

Thanks!

Chris

Comments
Mon5termatt

thank you for posting this on behalf of the rainmeter community :)

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @tjhrulz!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We'll gladly let the right folks know about this.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

All the best.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks!

We've reopened this issue since the right team is looking into it.

As soon as there's an update it'll be posted here.

Stay tuned.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey,

Thanks for reporting folks. We can confirm the right team are looking into this. 

We don't have a timeframe for a fix, but hopefully we'll have an update soon. 

Stay tuned!

tjhrulz
Casual Listener

Glad to hear. I am a patient man, especially when I don't have to fix something.

Vindicta20

Yeah, it's good. Hopefully everything will be sorted out in time. In the meantime I have used workarounds in my Rainmeter skins which were broken by this bug.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Won't Fix

Hey folks,

We know it's not ideal, but we can confirm this was an intentional change. If this causes any issues, we'd recommend heading over to our developer support page to discuss possible work arounds. 

Thanks!

Chris