Announcements

Won't scrobble to last.fm

So I've been using Last.FM on both my desktop and phone for a while now but I decided to reinstall Spotify on my phone because I was having issues with something else and now it won't scrobble. I'm logging in with the correct account info but it won't scrobble. I even reinstalled my Last.FM app to see if that was the problem but that didn't fix anything. It's not telling me that I put in the wrong account info. I reset my password for last.FM and I still have no luck. I even made a test user and it won't scrobble to that either so it's not account related. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you fix it? It's still working fine on my computer. I have a Galaxy S7 and i'm on Android Version 7.0. Thanks.

Awesome!

We're glad to hear it's working again now.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Happy new year!

Comments
SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @SuicidalKittens, welcome to the Community!

What Spotify version are you running on your mobile device? Try uninstalling both apps. After that, restart your device and install them again. Any better?

Be sure to keep us posted.

hans-jürgen

There is a new Spotify Scrobbling (Beta) feature by Last.fm which you can enable on your Applications settings page. It works independently from your device, because it is connected to your account, not to the individual Spotify app. See also the official announcement thread:

https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-scrobbling-beta

Alfredo

Hey @hans-jürgen!

Thanks for the helpful information.

@SuicidalKittens Let's try this suggestion and let us know how it goes.

All the best.

Alfredo

Hey @hans-jürgen, thanks for this info!

@SuicidalKittens Have you tried the suggestion posted?

Keep us posted.

SuicidalKittens

My bad, it works now.

Alfredo
Status changed to: Fixed

Awesome!

We're glad to hear it's working again now.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Happy new year!

Env: prod