Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong metadata displayed on car radio via Bluetooth

Hi!

On my Mazda 3 2018 the song title and song name freezes after first track is played after i start my car. The forward and backward buttons to change song  on my steering wheel still works though.

This is with my Oneplus 7t Pro connected through bluetooth. This started to happens after two (or one, cant be sure) updates of Spotify ago.

Hello all,

We can confirm that the underlying root cause for what caused this issue when it was first opened has been resolved. The amount of votes per week and reports this issue has received have slowed down considerably and we see quite a few confirmations that everything works as usual, which confirms that for the majority of users, this should be fixed and the remaining reports have different causes.

We've noticed Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood radios being mentioned in the posts. If that's the case, check here for more information, as these are unrelated to this investigation.

There is a subset of other devices which still experience a variant of this issue - delays in the metadata updates or similar. Investigations have shown that these are most likely caused by deep sleep regimes or the odd BlueTooth incompatibility.

Full support is only possible on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto enabled dashboards. We'll keep tweaking and optimizing the app to try and alleviate issues, however we cannot guarantee complete functionality across all different car and phone models. Some users have posted different alternatives in this thread that could help so it's worth trying those out.

If there're any further updates, we'll make sure to post them.

Take care and safe driving!

Comments
Anf7

I have the same issue - Bluetooth connection to my car doesn't keep up with the song and artist name. Phone Redmi Note10 Pro. Car Skoda Kodiaq. Also same issue when connected to Ruark speaker at home. Please fix! Surely this should just work when paying for Premium ...

doppiej

I also tried downgrading to 8.6.18.720

However, still no luck..... 😞 It's still stuck at the same song.

pashkale

Try 8.6.62.1029.

Beegwan

Why is this taking so long to fix?? 

Same problem...Oppo Fine X3...tried several different cars...all same problem 😩

simplayy

Same problem

Spotify
 Premium 8.6.74.1176

Country Italy

Device Poco f3
Car Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2016

Operating System Android 11 / MIUI 12.5.6 Stable

nexttasy27
Download version 8.6.46.886 and block all Spotify updates.
This version is working for me

Please try and tell us
sp0tfy1338

We all know the issue is not the device or car but the spotify app version. It broke with major revamp version update and has been broken since.

Skipping a song will work for 2 songs and pausing and resume will update the meta data. it is super easy to replicate as it is broken for almost every constallation. the question is - when will the fix finally be release to the public

Tomoc

Motorola G7; Android 10; Seat Leon

Beegwan
Agreed. Very very disappointed with Spotify!
IsolatedIssue

Same problem

Skoda Superb -19

Nokia 8.3 5g

Android 11