Xbox One player time bar constantly resets to 00:00

Plan

Premium

Country

US 

Device

Xbox One

My Question or Issue

When playing music on the Xbox One, the playback timer constantly resets back to 00:00, generally when it hits 00:30 (thirty seconds) or so.  The total length of the song is indicated correctly, and the display changes songs when the audio goes to the next song, but the timer bar never hits the end. It gets to 30-40 seconds, resets to 0, goes to 30-40 seconds, resets to 0, over and over. Audio playback is fine. This occurs when the Genius (?) screen comes up that shows notes and lyrics about the song, as well -- the timer, notes, and lyrics constantly go back to the beginning, even though the audio playback is fine.

Playback on all my other devices (phone, Windows 10 PC, etc.) are fine.  This is limited to the Xbox One.  Connected via ethernet to a fast switch, with Verizon Fios as my provider, so I wouldn't think it's network lag or anything like that. It's a persistent problem -- rebooting the Xbox or restarting the Spotify app doesn't help.

I'd appreciate any help.

Hey all,

Thanks for sending us over examples!

Issue should be resolved. Be sure to reinstall the app both on your mobile devices and on the Xbox. It's also recommended to have the newest firmwares running on your devices.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day!

Comments
ThatRoyGuy
Casual Listener

This issue appears to be resolved for me. I've used Spotify on my Xbox several times over the last week or so, and the problem hasn't recurred. This is the case whether I initiate playback from the mobile app via "Available Devices" or directly from the Xbox, and Genius or non-Genius playback.

I would clarify that the fix was more than just reinstalling the app and restarting the Xbox, though. I did that (and others did as well) early on and that did not fix the problem. It seems the devs did something on the back end to fix it. But in any case, I'm glad they did.

Thanks!

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey all,

Thanks for sending us over examples!

Issue should be resolved. Be sure to reinstall the app both on your mobile devices and on the Xbox. It's also recommended to have the newest firmwares running on your devices.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day!