Your Spotify account doesn't support streaming on this device

Hi, 

I recently bought an Amazon Alexa Dot and was excited to link it to my Spotify Premium account. I was able to link the accounts without a problem.

Nonetheless, whenever I ask Alexa to play a song I get: "Your Spotify account doesn't support streaming on this device".

Yet, if I request, "Alexa play Spotify Premium" Alexa will stream what I am currently listening to on Spotify, so this shows that they are linked, but I can not request a particular song or do much more.

I compared against a friend who also has Alexa and Spotify Premium and noted that when I log into my Spotify account using a web browser and check under Apps it says "You have not approved any apps" whilst he sees "Alexa - Alexa Description" and ability to "Revoke Access" which means there is an Alexa specific APP. 

I am guessing this means that there is a missing APP that should be enabled on the Spotify end? Would appreciate your support since it is quite frustrating and I have tried a couple of times to uncouple accounts and recouple several times. I can also confirm that I do not have any other accounts (and have followed the steps you suggested to check).

Many thanks in advance and have a lovely day!

Cheers!!!

Hey there.

We haven't had any activity in this thread for a while, so we'll be closing it for now.

If you ever need us again, just give us a shout. We're always here to help.

Comments
Mara_F
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @Icarus007

Thanks for getting in touch with our Community. 

Can you try linking your account again with a different device? Make sure you're following these steps. 

As for the voice commands, we'd recommend checking this out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201601830. 

Let us know how it goes.

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't had any activity in this thread for a while, so we'll be closing it for now.

If you ever need us again, just give us a shout. We're always here to help.