Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

Why does the alphabetical scroll bar disappear when Spotify is set to offline mode? Seems like a bug. 

Untitled.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve now passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this - stay tuned!

Comments
PigeonXtreme
Composer

Hi vizzie88!

That is an odd problem. I've never seen this before. Let's start with the basics. Is your Spotify up to date? Sometimes that simply can cause issues. The latest version as of today is 8.5.30.635 Let me know!

vizzie88
Casual Listener

My Spotify is up-to-date.

vizzie88
Casual Listener

Bump. Extremely frustrating. I’m forced to go into offline mode because for some reason—even though I have them downloaded—my albums don’t load instantly when in online mode when reception is poor. Spotify, please address this issue.

PigeonXtreme
Composer

Hey vizzie88,

I’m sorry your so frustrated. I’ve been experimenting to see if I could find a work around for this issue. It seems there isn’t a scroll bar for albums in offline mode, but there is a scroll bar for all your artists in offline mode. Maybe use that as an alternative until there is a solid solution? 

vizzie88
Casual Listener
Thank you, but I don’t use or like the artists view. I mainly just want to get this bug on someone’s radar. The other reason I’m frustrated is the old UI was fine as it was until Spotify decided to shake it up for no good reason seemingly.
vizzie88
Casual Listener

Thank you!

Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks!

Looks like this issue is happening for some users.

If this is happening on your device, let us know by adding your +VOTE  and leaving a comment with the following:

1. Your device
  2. The operating system version
  3. Exact version of the Spotify app you're on

We'll be sure to look into this.

Have a nice day!

vizzie88
Casual Listener

Any updates on this? This is certainly a bug, I’ve been able to reproduce it on a few devices.

Hey all,

We're still looking into this, but we'll need some more info from you.

With this in mind, could you comment below with the following:

- exact Spotify app version

- your device + OS version
- a screenshot showing how the cover art appears

- any other details that can narrow down the issue for us?

@vizzie88 , can you also comment with your updated Spotify version and all relevant info, since quite some time passed after this Issue was created?

Thanks 🙂

vizzie88
Casual Listener

Hi Petya. I’ve already provided this info in my original post. As far as I know I’m using the latest version of Spotify (8.5.34.644).