[iOS] App closes and redirects to Safari

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from users that when they open the app, it closes and they got redirected to Safari in order to download the app.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
mallylovesmountains

I’m also having this same issue and have restarted my phone multiple times and deleted cache. Maybe it’s a bug that will get worked out soon? 🤷🏼‍♀️

r2o7e_au-cm1a

Having the same problem, I've done everything suggested including a clean reinstall and the problem persists. Time to switch to Apple music I guess 

dito2023

I tired disabling safari, which worked for about 5 seconds before spotify started the never ending "Spotify would like to open chrome" **bleep**. 

dito2023
yes, that worked for me too! maybe forgetting the wifi you're on and resetting might help?
Lethkun

Hello! I’ve been having the same issue, it’s a relief to see I’m not the only one recently. Initially switching off data to wifi seemed to quell it, but reversing it only made the issue persist despite whatever going forward. Resetting, installing, whatever really. Hopefully something is done about this.

Ver
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• Exact device and iOS version
  • Exact Spotify app version
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

leToot

The same problem started for me last night. Same link and same annoying loop. I have already tried a clean restart, deleting instagram and spotify and re-downloading, turning my phone on and off, and I’ve secured my account about 3 times. The app only works when I turn off my wifi (which is not a viable solution). I’m using an iPhone SE with Version 8.6.74

Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

The team recently rolled out a fix, with that in mind, could you share if you're still experiencing this behavior?

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

Mihail
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Related Issues