Premium

Country

Germany

Device

IPhone Xs

Operating System

iOS 13.1.3

Issue

Since i have updated to new software (version 8.5.28), i cannot open Spotify, the app crashes instantly when opened. I have already tried rebooting, reinstalling, i have deleted data and chace - it still does not work, but when i tried a free version not a premium one, it has no problem. I have no idea...

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Visitor

Hi all,

I'm in Australia & also having trouble with app crashing instantly when it tries to launch the last day or so. iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest version of Spotify & iOS. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times & shutting down my phone.

Hope the Spotify crew can work this out soon - I miss it!!

Visitor

After not having Spotify for 3 days it finally seems to be working normal. The newest update they said open it without silent on and it seemed to work. It also works opening it with silent on now.

Hopefully it stays like this. I commented on here originally and also emailed tech support

No fix but perhaps a clue: 

App crashes (iphone XS, latest FW and latest App version) instantly at start but if i put my phone in flightmode it starts. All seems fine then. However, the moment i disable flightmode it crashes again. Seems some killing API error. to/from server. Luckily i also use Qobuz. (NHF)

yes! when i put my phone in flightmode while im playing music on spotify on my laptop, then disable the flightmode and start playing the music on my phone, everything works normally, but i HAVE to play the music from a laptop, because when i try to play a playlist from my phone the app crashes again. when i stop spotify from working in the background, and restart the app, its not working again. i hope u understood what i wrote haha 

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Seth-A-Masters, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd suggest using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices options from your Spotify account page.

Then  try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Keep me posted 🙂

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey everyone,

Many reports were received that Spotify app was crashing immediately upon startup.

First, I'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device if you haven't already by following these steps.

Also, try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices options from your Spotify account page.

If after that the same issue persists, add your +VOTE and could you provide me with the following info:

• Your device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Antying that might trigger this behaviour

Once that information is provided, I will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks and keep me posted 🙂

Visitor

@Loxer  I'm doing quite well, thank you. Hope the same applies to you as well.

I just now saw your response to the issue, but went through chat support last night and was enlightened to some valuable information. During that session, I was told that Spotify had been notified of the issue and was working on a remedy. The remedy was approximated to be completed by today, 10/24/2019. I just opened my Spotify (current time is 4:47 P.M. on 10/24/2019) and it's working! Thank you for the help though! 

Device/App Information:

iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 13.1.3 

Spotify Version 8.5.28

Visitor

Hi All,

I'd previously tried reinstalling on my phone but following the advice in this thread I tried one thing that for now at least seems to have resolved the issue.  I switched by phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max) to flight mode, then opened the app - it stayed open longer, then closed.  I re-opened again and it's been operating as normal ever since (the last couple of hours).

Hopefully any continuing instability issues are resolved in the next update to the app!

Regular

HELP!!!

I'm posting here only because I cannot figure out how to post a new message in the Spotify community.

Can you please help me understand why not? I'm having a showstopper issue with Spotify that I want to post to the forum.

To Spotify: I will have to switch to a new service if I can't get this issue fixed: Spotify stops playing randomly. And I cannot figure out why I can't post a new message to any community board.

Information:

- I'm logged in to community.spotify.com using Beta Microsoft Edge 78.0.276.20

- I have a Premium Family account

Here's what I do to try to post a new message:

1. I read this article

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-report-a-Spotify-issue-on-the-Community/t...

2. Read this section: "If no one has reported an issue like the one you're experiencing, navigate to the relevant forum for your device in our Help boards section and post a new thread there."

3. Click the Help boards section link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help/ct-p/Help

4. Navigate to Ongoing Issues: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/idb-p/ongoing_issues

5. Look around for a way to post a new message - I simply don't see one

5. Go to another section - same thing - I can't see a way to post a new message

Casual Listener

sadly, turning off silent mode doesn't help...

same with turning off wifi...

really hope they fix this soon!