Premium

Country

Germany

Device

IPhone Xs

Operating System

iOS 13.1.3

Issue

Since i have updated to new software (version 8.5.28), i cannot open Spotify, the app crashes instantly when opened. I have already tried rebooting, reinstalling, i have deleted data and chace - it still does not work, but when i tried a free version not a premium one, it has no problem. I have no idea...

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

Same issue here fro 2 days already, unable to use the app > IOS version 13.1.3 Spotify version 8.5.28. 

Visitor

Same issue here. This morning Spotify was working, after selecting a song from Minthaze the app instantly crashed. Reopening the app did not work, the app keeps crashing. I deleted the app and downloaded the app again, but that changes nothing, the app keeps crashing after startup. 
Version: 8.5.28

iPhone: Xs

iOS: 13.1.3

That seems to be my problem too. But in different attempts to fix it, I cleared the cache and now I do not have any of my playlist downloaded. It actually does stop the app crashing but I can't do anything offline 😞
This is really annoying, hope they fix it asap.

iPhone XR 13.1.2 (updates to 13.1.3 in hopes that would fix issue), App deleted and re-installed several times.

Visitor

iOS 13.1.3

Spotify 8.5.28
Iphone 7
Happening the same
Open the app, crashes, I have wiped the phone, reinstalled and installed, hard reset, everything.
Still happening.
Regards

Visitor

same problem after update to .28 i have xs max and its ios 13.1.3

Visitor

guys ive sent an email to support I hope they'll see it and do sth. I can't wait to listen to my music again.

Visitor

Hi from Switzerland, 

Same issue here. Please fix it soon. It's driving me crazy ! But thx for taking care of it ! 🙂 

version iOS 13.1.3 IPhone 8 and Spotify 8.5.28 ! 

Visitor

Is there gonna be an update released soon to fix it? I'm currently having the same issue and haven't been able to use Spotify for 3 days. 

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all,

We're currently working on a fix so please bear with us.

A current work-around that might help for you is to switch Silent Mode off.

Don't forget to hit +VOTE if you are experiencing this issue and let us know which iOS device you are using and which iOS and which Spotify version you are on.

Thanks for your patience. Have a nice day.