Premium

Country

Germany

Device

IPhone Xs

Operating System

iOS 13.1.3

Issue

Since i have updated to new software (version 8.5.28), i cannot open Spotify, the app crashes instantly when opened. I have already tried rebooting, reinstalling, i have deleted data and chace - it still does not work, but when i tried a free version not a premium one, it has no problem. I have no idea...

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

@Loxer Thanks for your update however i have followed your suggestion of signing out everywhere, turing off mute mode and uninstalling/reinstalling the app and its still not working (day 3 now).

Iphone 6Splus - most up to date IOS and Spoify versions.

Visitor

same

ios 13.1.3

spotify: 8.5.28

I have been in spotify sonce 2016 and im thinking  to quit 

Casual Listener

+VOTE

Visitor

Crashes are still not resolved.

Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue, but only on my account! I tried reinstalling, restarting my phone, deleting then restarting then reinstalling, and logging out (in the few seconds I have before it crashes). No issues on MacBook application. A friend then tried logging in with their account, and the app ran normally. I then logged in again, the same problem is occuring except now I don't even have those seconds to go into the app settings. So, at this point, Spotify is uselss if I'm not home.

I had the same problem, Spotify kept crashing everytime I tried to open the app. I logged into my account in Safari on my phone, and when I pressed "PLAY" on the web page and my phone opened Spotify app, it didn't crash and everything seems to work fine now. 

I have IPhone 8 with iOs 13.1.3 and latest Spotify version. 

Visitor

I have an LG Stylo 3 Plus phone. I have had this same phone since December 2017. My spotify app has always worked properly. The last update on 10/29/2019 messed up my app. It won't load anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Cleared the data, and the cache. It still won't work. I have sent several emails with no luck. My fiance is on my family plan cuz we live together. He can use the app, but i can't. I need help!! Please!

Hey there @Heidimay98,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You mention this occurs in an Android device. Since this Ongoing Issue report is affecting iOS devices, would you mind reporting this in the Android Help Board following these steps?

This way, we can take a closer look and help further.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience so far!

We've checked with our tech teams and this should be fixed now.

Just to confirm, could you make sure you're rocking the latest version of the app available by following the steps here and let us know how it goes?

If you're still having troubles, we'd like to know, along with the following details so we can pass it on to the right teams:

• Your device 
  • The iOS version of your device
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

I have the same issue again today. Using iOS 13.2.3 and the latent version of Spotify. Thanks!