[iOS] App crashes when I try to turn off car view in the settings

I am unable to turn off the option to "allow Car view to automatically turn on when Spotify connects to your car's Bluetooth" in the settings. My app crashes every time I attempt to turn off the default "Car view" in the settings of Spotify on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 6s. (iOS 13.4.1 and Spotify Version 8.5.55) I have tried clearing catch, offloading the app, deleting the app, and reinstalling to no avail.

Hey there folks,

Our tech teams have been working hard backstage and we’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

We appreciate the recent comments confirming that things seem to be up and running again. If you are still experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure your device and operating system are up-to-date.

If you have any further questions, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks again!

Comments
Visitor

Same problem as of today, using iPhone 7.

Yesterday spotify stopped being able to google cast through Wi-Fi to google mini and had to fix it by  using the Bluetooth function 

Update - No longer having the car view mode issue, no longer crashing as of 5.8.20

Visitor
I’m having the same problem with my iPhone XS Max. This happened following me not being able to open the app without it crashing yesterday (May 6).
Roadie
Hey, guys! Thank you for reporting this. It is obviously a bug, and I can confirm it. Here is a question to you all though. Have you ever used a Car View or just trying to turn it off for the first time. As it seems to me it’s crashing on devices that never used Car View before.
Visitor
I have used it before (briefly). I’ll connect to my car, and then when I go to my music that’s playing in car view, I’ll turn it off there and it’s fine. I just have to turn it off manually every time.
Roadie

@tdr1995 wrote:
I’ll turn it off there and it’s fine.

So, Spotify is not crashing for you? Because other users are reporting the app crash. 

Visitor

When I go to Settings and then to “Car” to turn off car view permanently, it crashes every time. Attached is a picture of the specific setting that causes it. 

874DB2E6-DF94-433F-91A3-C74C56B860A0.png
Roadie

@tdr1995 wrote:

When I go to Settings and then to “Car” to turn off car view permanently, it crashes every time.

Yes, this is happening for me too. Definitely a bug, as it didn't crash on previous version of the app.

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Cheers!

Visitor

This is happening to me too, and I want to turn off the default Car view setting because it is so annoying. I have an iPhone SE (1st generation) with iOS 13.4.1 and Spotify Version 8.5.56.1214

Roadie

+1

I’m running latest Spotify version on latest iOS version, on an iPhone 11.