[iOS] App freezes when menu shows Spotify Code info

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

iphone 10

My Question or Issue

this bug shows up every time I click on a song to like it and won’t leave the bottom tenth of the screen. Makes the app unusable and no tenable solution yet. 

Worse and on another for the love of god go back to allowing users to search songs by artist, and/or when they search for an artist from liked songs limiting the shuffle button to only play songs from the selected artist. There seems to be little common sense within the developer community at Spotify, or the edicts are from above from corporate folks who have never used the app in their life.

94EBAA5A-642D-48FC-BA82-56480A0C016C.png
18 Replies

Hey @zabritt, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That happens because in a fresh install of the app not every info has been show about the app, like that one. That shows how to use the Spotify codes for sharing. If you tap on the … dots that image will be shown up top then the screen will darken with the info about sharing the codes. If you scroll before it happens you will get that screen.

It gives the option to close it and it won't appear again but wait for it to be displayed before scrolling.

If you have any suggestions about the app please use Idea Submissions board to submit your idea(s).

Thank you 🙂

Hey!

We've received reports from users that the app freezes when trying to access the three-dot menu.

If you are experiencing this issue, please leave a comment with the following:

• Device
  • OS version
  • Spotify version

We'll look into this and let you know as soon as we have move info.

Thanks and have a nice day!

I have a different phone but the same problem. The ... dot menu doesn't work and makes my app shutting down. 

• Umidigi A5 pro
  • Android 9
  • Spotify 8.5.36.747

@Guido 

Thank you!

iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.3 and iPhone 5s iOS 12.4

IMG_0453.jpeg

Hey @zabritt,

Could you also give us your info? We need at least 3 examples to create a ticket on our end.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Hey @knispetry,

Does this happen each time your access the three-dot menu? Or only after reinstalling the app?

Looking forward to your reply.

@Guido 

Unfortunately it happens each time. I've tried to reinstall the Spotify app several times but it didn't do anything. 

Hey @Guido

Tried on 3 devices:

iPhone 11 Pro in iOS 13.3

iPhone 7+ in iOS 13.3 

iPhone 5s in iOS 12.4.4

Thanks @Loxer for sending us a few examples!

If you are experiencing this, click vote and leave a comment with the following:

• Device
  • OS version
  • Spotify version

Go to this other Ongoing issue if you are an Android user and when accessing the three-dot menu the app crashes for you as well.

@Loxer We might get word back that we need the Spotify versions. Would it be too much trouble for you to look these up?

Thanks!

Sure:

iPhone 11 Pro and 7+ have Spotify 8.5.34

iPhone 5s has Spotify Beta 8.5.40.251.

Hey @Loxer,

We just wanted to confirm that you can reproduce this issue on a different account (we tried this on our end, but weren't able to reproduce it ourselves).

Also, just to make sure, do you mind making a list of the exact steps we should take?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Yes tried it on an iPhone 5s with a free account this time and on a Huawei P30 Pro, the same thing.

I added the steps to the escalation but can't find it again, could you help me find it @Guido?

Edit:

Here are the steps:

1. Delete the app
  2. Install it again
  3. Find a song and tap on the 3 dots
  4. As soon as do swipe to scroll
  5. Now the pop up that describes Spotify Codes will be shown and you'll be blocked until restarting the app.

Thanks @Guido 😄

I want to add that the app won't crash but it will just be unusable until restarted because the pop up can't be closed.

Hey @Loxer and @Peter,

Here's a link to the post with steps in the escalation.

I tried to reproduce it myself as well but wasn't able to. I have however attached a video @Loxer made to the ticket on our end which clearly shows what happens.

Thanks again @Loxer,

We've forwarded the info.

Have a nice day!

I too experiencing same problem. When I press option 3dot. Spotify app freezes, i have still has this problem after my system update. Please check on it.

Phone. Redmi6

Android 9

Hey there folks,

Our tech teams are still looking into this however, we wanted to check if the issue still persists for you.

If it does, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the exact version of the app you're currently on.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us!

Since we haven't received any other contacts or reports after we asked for more info, we're now moving this thread back to the Help Boards.

Let us know if more of you are experiencing this. Feel free to give us all the details we've asked about previously, if you need help with that. 

We'll be on the lookout for all of your replies 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts