Premium (Family)

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone Xr, iPad Air Gen. 1)

Operating System

(iOS 12.4)

My Question or Issue

When I block Spotify from using my mobile data plan in the iOS settings, then Spotify connect doesn't work anymore for my Sonos and UPnP devices.

I'm on WiFi (the same as the devices I want to connect to), mobile data is turned on, but I don't allow Spotify to use it.

Once I allow Spotify to use mobile data or disable mobile data for the whole OS, Spotify actually picks up all devices on my network.

It seems like there is a bug that stops Spotify from listening to broadcasts on my wifi.

it's very odd that settings that concern cellular use only affect the receival of local packages on my wifi.

Pls fix this issue, it's annoying.

workaround for now: allow spotify to use mobile data or disable mobile data manually every time you enter your home/wifi.

This bug doesn't exist on Android. There I can block mobile access and Spotify connect keeps on working just fine.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone with the latest update.

Make sure your app is updated by performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device.

Thanks! Stay awesome 😉

Comments
karljohanub

iPhone 7

Spotify v. 8.5.21.770

IOS 12.4.1

1 Play 5 (2 gen.)

2 Play 2

infection1

WiFi connected iPhone 6s won’t connect to any PS4 on the same WiFi network (hardwired or wireless) if cellular data for Spotify on iPhone is turned off; other wired/wireless devices on the same WiFi network (TV, Google Home for example) *do* appear on my connect menu. Only my PS4 consoles are excluded. 

iPhone 6s on iOS 12.4.1

Two PS4, one PS4 Pro on 6.72

Spotify for iPhone: 8.5.21.770

Spotify for PS4: 2.38.3-4ad78bc

scorp18

ASUS Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)

Android 8.0.0

Spotify Version in Android 8.5.21.754

Spotify Version in Windows 7 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb

Additional info:

I've noticed that Spotify Connect worked under WIFI when I connected my phone (not Spotify) to a bluetooth speaker (but didn't work second time) or sometimes randomly if I let it open at the phone (without letting the screen black out) and I let some songs play from the PC. Still in those cases the connection is lost after a while.

infection1
Good luck!
Sergeij2000

iPhone 8 256GB

iOS 12.4

Spotify 8.5.22.739

rpeacoc

For me, Spotify connect for Sonos disappeared with the update to iOS 13 on my iPhone XS, Spotify 8.5.23.244

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for providing us with this info!

Could you confirm if updating to Spotify version 8.5.23 solves the issue?

If not, then we'll go ahead and report this to the right folks at Spotify.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

zeff

Spotify 8.5.23 does not solve this for me, same issue as before.

Note the problem seems to only affect connecting to certain devices; I have trouble connecting to PS4 from iOS, but connecting to PS4 from Mac, or Mac from iOS, works fine.

scorp18
Same here. The issue remains.
Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us and for providing the requested info.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • Connect device(s) + OS version(s)
  • exact Spotify version(s)

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.