Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Cover art + track title is "stuck" on the first track played on BMW head unit

Track titles and cover art is not displayed correctly on BMW (2015) when playing through Bluetooth or the USB interface in the center console.

Symptom: Music plays and it is possible to switch tracks, but the cover art and track title is "stuck" on the first track played. It played great in the past and playing well with other music apps.

Device

(iPhone Xs) Running version 13.3.1

Car: BMW X6M 2015

Hey folks,  

We haven't had any updates for you all in a while and in the interest of keeping this thread updated for other users stumbling upon it, we'll go ahead and mark it as Won't Fix for now. 

Rest assured that we've passed on your reports to the teams around this. This is a very specific issue to this particular device setup with BMW head units and seems to be affecting only a smaller subset of users. However, if you're experiencing something similar but on a different head unit, we'd recommend starting a separate thread here so we can take a look. 

Keep in mind that this doesn't eliminate that a future update of the app could improve things for you, so keeping the app always updated is a great idea.

We do appreciate you taking the time to add your comments in this thread! If we have any further updates for you regarding this, we'll make sure to share them in this thread with you.

Comments
emtmfox

Hi! I also have this problem — it was very frustrating on my recent road trip 😞 I have a 2015 BMW X3, iPhone XR iOS 13.4.1, and Spotify version 8.5.60. This started happening maybe 4/5 months ago. Thank you! 

black-yellow

Same problem since December 2019/January 2020:

• BMW 320D, 2014
  • latest ConnectedDrive (UPD05021.bin)
  • Used three devices and everytime same problem
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - iOS 13.4.1 - Spotify 8.5.60.881
  • iPhone XR - iOS 13.4.1 - Spotify 8.5.60.881
  • iPad Air (3rd Generation) - iOS 13.4.1 - Spotify 8.5.52.935
Raulm26

Very frustating indeed. Here is my info:

• Started appearing around December 2019. 
• iOS 13.5.1 at the moment, but the recent previous releases have also had the same issue.

• Spotify Version: 8.5.60.881

• Car is a 2014 BMW 435i with the latest iDrive software.

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

We just wanted to provide a quick update regarding this issue.

The right team has been made aware of the issue, however, due to the precautions being taken in light of the events of the past months, the investigation is taking longer than expected.

We'll make sure to provide a further update once we hear back from the team working on this.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

black-yellow

Any update? A half year since the issue came up past by in the meantime...

counting6
Spotify cannot use the Pandemic as an excuse for letting this issue for
almost 7 months. This is just very poor business and customer service. I
pay for this service to work!

jang9n

Just want to say I’ve had this issue for about 1 year now. 

counting6
It seems as if Spotify doesn't really care to address this issue. Other
music services work on my vehicle and other vehicles using Apple devices.
Prime, Apple etc all work! Not Spotify. No. It does not work on my vehicle
with my IPod.

kelali123

You would think this would be higher priority given how long the bug has been around and how many BMW's it is actually affecting. 

counting6
I have read about it affecting other car brands as well. Not only BMW.
Spotify needs to fix this.