Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Equalizer presets missing

We've received reports from iOS users that the equalizer presets have disappeared. This is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
lmcl7

With the latest app update (8.7.14.807) on IOS, the issue is resolved and the equaliser with presets is back (for me). 

I'd still love to see it more easily accessible.

trinityryin

all of my iOS devices are all back and working great with equalizer presets! I moved the white dots on the actual equalizer itself to different positions after turning the equalizer tab in and off a few times! Then turned off my device and back on! It took a bit of time with my iPad, but did come back! All are working great now! Hope it works for everyone else! 🙏

Alex

Hey folks,

Good news, this should now be taken care of.

Can you try updating your app to the latest version and check if the issue is resolved for you 🙂

Looking forward to your replies.

Jbeesoon

Yes looks better now ..

Mellekr

Issue has been resolved on IPadOS and IOS.

tendeir0

Hey guys,

The equalizer setting isn't appearing in my spotify app.

Dsmtchl627

Can't say this surprises me.  They've been making it more difficult to get to the EQ settings with each update.  After like 3 consecutive updates that made it more difficult to reach the EQ settings, I decided I was done with the updates.  Not only is this the one sole feature I use every time I listen, but there's just no logical explanation for burying it deeper and requiring more steps each update.  Did they get complaints from users about it being too accessible or something?! Last week I accidentally fat fingered the update download and what do you know - the EQ presets missing. Next update will do away with it all together. Watch. 

Alex

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback.

@Dsmtchl627 and @tendeir0 can you let us know your device model, OS version and the current Spotify version you're running? We'll pass this info on to the folks who are working on this.

Keep us posted.

Novy
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

tendeir0

Hey guys,

It hasn't changed, the equalizer option is still missing. Both in my pc, laptop and cellphone. I guess it is an account problem?