[iOS] Issues with offline playlists since update 0.7.1

Description:

After updating to version 0.7.1 some users are having issues syncing playlists for offline use.

Additional information:

We haven't had much luck reproducing this issue internally, which makes identifying the cause especially hard. The more information we can gather from everyone the more likely we'll find a possible cause.

Please:

1. make sure you've gone through the iOS troubleshooting guide

2. provide this information when replying:

Description

Replace this with a short description of the issue you're experiencing. I.e. can you sync any playlists/tracks? Do they disappear at some point? Have you recently upgraded to or renewed your Premium subscription?

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this

2. Then I did that

3. I also did this

4. then this

5. then this

6. and finally, this

What I expected to happen

This is what I expected to happen

What actually happened

This is what happened instead.

My iPad/iPhone model

Eg. iPhone 3G, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, The New iPad, iPad 4, etc.

Device’s Operating System

E.g. 3.1.1, 4.1,5.1.1, 6.0.1, 7 beta 3, etc.

Is your device jailbroken?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

I.e. fewer than 10 or more than 200

Please also include how many, more or less, of those playlists are synced for offline use

My mobile Spotify version

E.g. 0.7.1.

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.8.4.

My mobile provider and country

Eg. AT&T, US; or Telia, Sweden

My username

To find this, click on your name at the top right of the site (next to where it says "Log out") then click Overview.

Did offline syncing work fine before you updated to 0.7.1?

Yes/No

Updates:

-

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

As there have been no reports of this recently, I am going to mark this as Fixed. If it starts happening again please let us know! 

0 Likes
Comments
wilcolensink
Casual Listener

I am having this same problem. Since updating to the last version of spotify my synchronised playlists are suddenly not synchronized anymore and will not synchronise. They will on my computer, but not on my iphone 5. I have tried reinstalling, logging in and out, playing the songs, nothing works. It just won't start synchronizing any songs, as if the function is broken. It is not jailbroken, it used to work before, I am puzzled. Please help. This is not what I am used to of spotify. My three month subscription ends tomorrow and if this is not fixed I am not renewing. I use the offline function everyday and it is a very important aspect of spotify for me. I am sure many others feel the same.

[edit]  there is now a red circle with a white exclamation point in front of the first track. nothing else starts to synchronise.

Peter__
Community Legend

@wilcolensink wrote:

I am having this same problem. Since updating to the last version of spotify my synchronised playlists are suddenly not synchronized anymore and will not synchronise. They will on my computer, but not on my iphone 5. I have tried reinstalling, logging in and out, playing the songs, nothing works. It just won't start synchronizing any songs, as if the function is broken. It is not jailbroken, it used to work before, I am puzzled. Please help. This is not what I am used to of spotify. My three month subscription ends tomorrow and if this is not fixed I am not renewing. I use the offline function everyday and it is a very important aspect of spotify for me. I am sure many others feel the same.

[edit]  there is now a red circle with a white exclamation point in front of the first track. nothing else starts to synchronise.

That normally means either you are over the 3,333 track limit or you have no free space on your device.

How much free storage space do you have? 

Peter

wilcolensink
Casual Listener

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I am nowhere near the track limit since it are only 90 tracks, but the storage space, that might be it. I only have 160 mb of free space on my phone. I will clear up some and i'll see if that solves my problem! Thank you, I will keep you updated.

olive

I'm also having a similar problem on my iPhone 4S...On both offline and streaming playlists, songs pause about every 1min and 30 seconds...I can bypass this by manually skipping that portion of the song, but as you can imagine, that is very cumbersome and not what I would expect for a paid premium service.  This issue just started happening this week. 

cyberlipe
Music Fan

Description

the recent iOS update and dektop updates now present issues for offline listening.

My iOS app requires internet connectivity before allowing me to listen to my starred offline songs.

when my iOS device (of my desktop pc) is without internet connection, and I open my spotify app I cannot listen to any offiline store music.

Offline stored music should not rely on internet connection to work

What actually happened

spotify needs to connet to the web to `validade` the playlist, so I can listen to the songs I have stored.

After this if internet goes out, the songs keep playing...

but if the internet is not active at first, no song will play.

My iPad/iPhone model

iphone5

no

4 are offline enabled

lastest on windows and lastest on mac

My mobile provider and country

right now, VIVO BRAZIL

My username

cyberlipe

yes

wilcolensink
Casual Listener

I cleared up 6GB on my device and for me it solved my problem. My playlists are synchronizing again! Thank you Peter, for helping me. I renewed my subscription and am super happy with spotify again! Thank you so much.

Wilco

Peter__
Community Legend

No worries! Enjoy your music :D

Peter

cyberlipe
Music Fan

my iphone5 has 16gb free. (its a 64gb model)

and all the 1300 musics on the starred folder still suffer the issue.

kennethmac2000
Regular

I can repro this issue 100% of the time on my iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 4S connecting to the Internet over 3G (using giffgaff in the UK).

Background:

- I have a big (100 song+) playlist that won't fully sync offline because of Spotify's rather annoying feature where it won't dip into the last x amount of free space on the device, even though there is sufficient space. (I am not a child Spotify - at least give me the option to fill right up to the last MB if I want to.)

- I also have a bunch of other smaller playlists (eg, for albums), one or two of which are also synced offline.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Let the Spotify app go online and do whatever it needs to.

2) Force kill the Spotify app.

3) Turn on flight mode.

4) Open the Spotify app.

5) The smaller playlists are all still correctly synced offline. The partially synced larger playlist (from which I can happily play all the songs which are synced offline after the Spotify app has been able to go online to 'do its thing') is now useless - opening it just shows a white space with a spinning wheel.

This is not the first time that a Spotify app has been released which doesn't elegantly handle offline states. It seems insufficient regression testing is being done in this area.

DerekYe
Music Fan

Description
I have a playlist have about 250+ songs, I already sync them to offline, but sometimes when I open Spotify, some tracks are gone, and need resync.

1. Sync playlist to offline
2. Reboot device or kill App
3. Reopen App
4. Sometimes tracks need resync

No data lost

What actually happened
Some tracks lost

My iPad/iPhone model
iPhone 5 and The New iPad

6.1.4 and 6.1.3

No

2 playlist, one have 200+ tracks, data lost happen on this playlist

Latest

N/A

My username
derekye1989

Yes