Announcements

[iOS] Local files syncing and playback issue

We’ve received some reports that newly added Local Files aren’t syncing with the phone and either do not show up at all in the playlist or even if they do appear to be correctly downloaded they still don't play.

We can confirm the right team is aware of this and is looking into it. If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to follow the instructions in the Status Update below, add your +VOTE and subscribe to this thread so that you'll be notified as soon as there are any updates.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

We've passed your details on to our developers and they have already rolled out a fix to improve the experience reported. 

We are aware that some users still have trouble syncing their local files with their iPhones, but this seems to be affecting specific devices or setups and requires individual troubleshooting - It'd be great to follow the steps you'll find here under Didn’t work?

We’d also recommend you try a clean reinstall, which will remove any corrupt data from your device. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again.

If that doesn’t do the trick, you can post in the relevant help board and we’ll see if we can think up some other things to try.

Comments
CarlosE

Hey folks,

For those of you still experiencing this issue, can you make sure to run another clean reinstall of the app by following these steps?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

MrKeiKun

Hi! I just tested using Windows 10 21H1 using Spotify for Windows 1.1.73.517.gbef50fdb and my iPhone XS Max iOS 15.1 Spotify version 8.6.82.1634. I'm still experiencing the problem.

Adajone

Desktop Version: Spotify for Windows 1.1.73.517.gbef50fdb

iPhone 8 Version: 8.6.82.1634

I managed to get one album to download somehow, but I repeated the exact same steps for another album it didn't work. I've tried to use my hotspot with a direct wired connection to the computer. I have download enabled on a playlist on my computer, but when I press the download on my phone the download icon appears for a fraction of a second before immediately vanishing. It's like it's trying to download the songs but is getting stopped.

Megazelda1234

**bleep** IT JUST FIXED!!!! I was having issues with this and I randomly pressed the play button on my phone and it just started to work for no apparent reason. I'm not sure if I got a new update or something, but this is great!

Adajone
Mine still isnt working, did you do anything else?
kh6dvlbdw0je0yg
Mine is also STILL BROKEN. Local files will NOT play from a mobile
device for no apparent reason!!! Please fix this **bleep**
Xenia
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

We've passed your details on to our developers and they have already rolled out a fix to improve the experience reported. 

We are aware that some users still have trouble syncing their local files with their iPhones, but this seems to be affecting specific devices or setups and requires individual troubleshooting - It'd be great to follow the steps you'll find here under Didn’t work?

We’d also recommend you try a clean reinstall, which will remove any corrupt data from your device. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again.

If that doesn’t do the trick, you can post in the relevant help board and we’ll see if we can think up some other things to try.

Env: prod