Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[iOS] Lyrics have slight overlay due to narrow line spacing

We're seeing reports that the top of some characters are cut off in the Lyrics feature due to the narrow line spacing. This is mostly affecting non-English languages.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If this version isn't available yet for you, rest assured that a fix is on the way so please keep the app up-to-date.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
itengnueng

Some words or characters disappear on lyrics popup (I founded in Thai songs)

Jeremy

Hi there @itengnueng,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in it to report this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

omegaozelot

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Lyrics and song titles are cut-off at the top, if their script extends beyond the normal text-box height. This problem is only present in the fullscreen player mode. Refer to the image attached. The characters with the dakuten (゙) and several kanji aren't displaying properly. Song titles and lyrics with capitalised letters that have diacritics, e.g. É, Â, Ó, do not display the diacritics at all. Please fix this immediately.

2F397831-AA13-4F45-83E7-BEE0162BABBF.png
OneByBoo

Hi there @omegaozelot,

thanks for reaching out !

Can you try zooming in/ out to see if it makes a difference?

I would also recommend Spotify's free installation is it might help out.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

omegaozelot

There's no way to zoom in/out in the iOS 15 app version of Spotify. I've done a clean reinstall and it didn't help either.

I suspect that it's a display bug that arose when Spotify pushed an update making lyrics more compact.

OneByBoo

Hi @omegaozelot,

iOS15 allows you to increase/ decrease the Text font size for all or for each individual app (Like described here).

This option lets you edit the font size for some apps, but leave it the same for others (just added on the new iOS 15, which debuted in September 2021)

To do so:

1. Open the Settings app and select the Control Center option

2. You'll be able to see two sections: Included Controls and More Controls . Find the Text Size option under More Controls and tap the plus sign next to it, which will move it up into the Included Controls section

3. If it isn't already enabled, toggle on Access Within Apps at the top of the page.

Move "Text Size" into the included controls and make sure you can access it within an app.

Once this is enabled, you can use it to change an app's font size.

4. Open the app you want to change the font size in and in this case select Spotify

5. Open your iPhone's Control Center. You can do this by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen or by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, depending on what iPhone you own.

6. Tap the Text Size icon , which looks like two uppercase A's next to each other.

Select the Text Size icon.

7. Use the slider at the bottom of the screen to select Spotify Only and then the vertical slider to shrink or grow the text.

Let me know if lowering the font size works here 🙂

omegaozelot

Altering the font size does change the size of text in Spotify but the problem still persists.

OneByBoo

Hi @omegaozelot,

It would be great if you could provide the following:

- Current Spotify version on your device

A few links and screenshots of more songs where this issue is happening

- Please confirm if the issue started after a Spotify update (if so, when exactly was it)

- Try logging in on another device and let me know if the lyrics display correctly there

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Xenia
Status changed to: Under investigation

At the moment, this is being investigated.

We'll let you know when this is resolved here in this thread. If you'd like to receive a notification, make sure to click +VOTE and don't forget to Subscribe.

MafeG
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If this version isn't available yet for you, rest assured that a fix is on the way so please keep the app up-to-date.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!