Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] No longer able to see who added songs to a collaborative playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.4

Spotify version

My Question or Issue

Since a few days I'm no longer able to see who added songs to a collaborative playlist.

I only see the songs I added myself.

Can Spotify please fix this? Or make available to see the usernames of everyone before the artists instead of the owner only.

IMG_1878.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
stephie571

I'm having the same issue - yesterday everything was working normally, and now only the name of the playlist owner is showing next to the songs they added. So on my playlists, I just see my name under the songs I've added but not the names of the other collaborators. Normally it's the reverse - normally my name doesn't show since logically I know what I've added and I just see the names for who added anything else. 

Robojeff

Recently account user names are missing from collaborative playlists and cannot see who added songs. This is an essential feature for my playlist followers. Please advise on how to restore this on my iPhone app (Version 8.8.53.996)

CallyIsTrancing

Exactly the same issue here - I can only see my own name against songs I’ve added to a collaborative playlist.

On songs my friends have added, I see no name at all against them. This is the opposite behaviour to previously where it would show friends name against songs they added and not show my name against my tracks.

iOS 13.3.1

App version: 8.5.54.1127

Elena
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

danielleer

Same problem for me:

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

Spotify version

K-leigh

Same problem

Device: iPhone 7

Spotify version: 8.5.56.1214

copping19

Same problem deleted a re-installed App fixes for 5 mins or so then back to no names.

Device: IPhone 8 Plus

Spotify: 8.5.57.1042

thunderboltnate

Same problem here!

Device: iPhone 11 Pro

iOS version: 13.3.1

Spotify version: 8.5.56.1214

mdurn

Same issue:

iPhone X, iOS 13.4.1

Spotify 8.5.57.1042

vickysaurus13