Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] No longer able to see who added songs to a collaborative playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.4

Spotify version

My Question or Issue

Since a few days I'm no longer able to see who added songs to a collaborative playlist.

I only see the songs I added myself.

Can Spotify please fix this? Or make available to see the usernames of everyone before the artists instead of the owner only.

IMG_1878.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
mark1sweeney

Same issue.

iphone 6s

ipad air 2

pc desktop.

is this just being ignored now.??

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

We really appreciate you bearing with us!

Our teams are still working on this. If you're experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE in this Ongoing Issue.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend keeping the app updated

We'll keep you in the loop here, thanks!

mdurn

Apparently fixed today (almost)! Names seem visible now for everyone except the owner of the playlist. I guess at least that one can be deduced but I don’t know why that got removed now.

iPhone X 

Firmware 13.7

Spotify 8.5.76.1146

CallyIsTrancing

Can confirm as of 8.5.76.1146 update, behaviour is back to how it was previously. Collaborative playlists now show the name of people who added the song to the playlist (with the exception of songs you as the owner add which show no name against them).

This is exactly the same as previously.

Thanks all for persevering and helping pester Spotify for a fix on this, and thanks Spotify for finally getting it sorted! 🙌

Remko_NL

Yes! Thank you Spotify!

Elena
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Bionicrat

Thank you!!!

Stachaminator

Persistent bug, continues throughout platforms. After a few days, contributors are still not visible on PC, Android, nor iOS.

Bionicrat

@StachaminatorNot seeing the issue for me.  iOS and Mac desktop app both are good.  What versions of desktop and iOS are you on?

MissKitty614

I am having this issue now on both desktop and iOS, and am unable to create a new "ongoing issue" post, so I'm putting this here. Weirdly, the issue began with the implementation of the latest (April 2022) changes to collaborative playlists. The problem is ONLY with playlists that were created prior to the implementation of the latest collaborative playlist changes. Prior to the this latest update, users could see the names of the collaborators and the songs they added. Now it just looks like the creator of the playlist added all the tracks. 

Device: Lenovo laptop

Version:  1.1.86.857

Below are sample screenshots of older playlists (where names no longer appear) and a playlist created after the collaborative playlist changes in April (with collaborators appearing). 

No collaborators showing up in this playlist from 2012.No collaborators showing up in this playlist from 2012.Collaborators show up in the April 2022 playlist, after the rollout of the new collaborative playlist features.Collaborators show up in the April 2022 playlist, after the rollout of the new collaborative playlist features.No collaborators showing up in this March 2022 collaborative playlist.No collaborators showing up in this March 2022 collaborative playlist.