Status: Under Investigation
Some users report that they loose offline playlists on their devices if the device goes dead due to lack of battery power.
Charge before battery is flat.
If you are having either of these issues please can you post below:
-- Your iOS version.
-- Your Spotify version.
-- When the behaviour happened? Was your device dead?
2014-09-03: Bug created.
When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.
To add to this...
I also lose my playlists if I do a hard reset - holding the power button and home button for 5 seconds. I tried closing down the application in iOS and it still caused my playlists to disappear, tho my phone is still showing 6 GB of storage use by Spotify. The app will still redownload everything and the total storage used does not change after music is redownloaded.
It'd be useful to hear if anyone is still affected by this as of 1.7.0
All offline music is lost, appears to be when the phone battery dies. opening spotify app and i am confronted with the login page, then when i go to my music it begins to sync 1 of 993. usage data in iOS settings still remains as 2.2gb
My iPad/iPhone model
Device’s Operating System
Is your device jailbroken?
Approximately how many playlists do you have?
fewer than 10, but have saved albums which i set to available offline, total offline music is 993 songs
My mobile Spotify version
My provider and country
I am having an issue with Spotify losing my offline playlists. In fact, I have to re-login to Spotify as if I had just downloaded the app for the first time.
A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. I was having an issue with Spotify losing my offline playlists
2. It seemed to be happening when my phone would lose power and not go through the normal shut down procedure
3. I found that it would also happen when the phone is hard-reset - holding the power and home button for 5 seconds
4. After losing my playlists, I checked my phone settings and it showed Spotify still using 6.1GB of storage, tho my songs were not available offline.
5. I tried shutting down the app and hard resetting my phone and the same thing happened
6. I continuously have to redownload my playlists when on WiFi thus wasting more battery power
What I expected to happen
Keep my offline music downloaded on my phone.
What actually happened
I lost all of the music I had downloaded and had to re-login to Spotify and re-download all my offline playlists.
51 and 17 are for offline use
My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)
>It'd be useful to hear if anyone is still affected by this as of 1.7.0
I just did a hard reset and did not lose my playlists or have to log back into Spotify. I will try to let my battery completely drain and see if it happens.
Hey folks! Is anyone still having this issue with the lastest iOS version (2.2.0)?
Hey guys, as no one else is reporting this as an issue we're closing this ongoing issue thread. Let us know if you have any future trouble, thanks!