[iOS][Podcast] "99% Invisible" by Roman Mars won't load

Searched for "99% in.." and found my favorite podcast.
Site: http://99percentinvisible.org/
Spotifylink: https://open.spotify.com/show/2VRS1IJCTn2Nlkg33ZVfkM

The list of episodes does not load. I only see the three loading dots. Others podcasts load, eg. The Vergecast.

iOS: 10.0.2
Spotify: 6.5.0.1665

Hey @frikish, thanks for the quick reply!

We don't have any additonal info about this, but we'd love to have it available once again in the future.

We'll be closing this thread for now, but don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need something else.

All the best :)

0 Likes
Comments
Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @frikish, welcome to the Community!

Does the same occur if you try loading the podcasts from a different device?

Keep us posted. 

frikish
Regular

Hey @Alejandro_C, thanks!

Yes,

My iPhone 7,  iOS 10.0.2, my account, still a problem.
Friends iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.0, my account, still a problem.

Friends Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, his account, lists out the episodes. But when trying to play I get "Cant play song" and some times "Can't play episode". These error messages my not be 100% word for word.

Newest versions of Spotify in Norway on these devices.

Spotify
Spotify

Thanks for that info @frikish

Just to check - does your friend's account work on your phone? Also, were you able to play Podcasts before without any issues? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

frikish
Regular

Can't test his account on my phone atm. @Mara_F

"The vergecast" is a podcast that loads an episode list and plays. 

Does the podcast: "99% invisible" load episodes when you guys test? 

Since this is a problem on 2 different OS on 2 different account, the podcast/loading is podcast could be the problem.

But as a fun fact, the long-press preview of a podcast (same as on albums) works on "99% invisible". 

MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hey @frikish, thanks for giving our suggestions a try.

We've test things out from our end and we are experiencing the same issue. We've reported this to the right team and hope to have a fix for it pretty soon.

Have a lovely day,

MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hey @frikish, we've got news!

We've  heard back from our team and they confirmed us this Podcast is not available in Norway right now. Is this the country you're at? 

Keep us posted.

frikish
Regular

@MaryC1, that is correct, I'm in Norway. 

Why is it not available? It's open and free on the web, I can listen to it in other podcast apps. Seems strange to limit it. Probably some legal nonsense :/ if so, that's sad. I mean since the new podcast feature seemed promising.

MaryC1
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @frikish, thanks for the quick reply!

We don't have any additonal info about this, but we'd love to have it available once again in the future.

We'll be closing this thread for now, but don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need something else.

All the best :)