[iOS] Shuffle/Repeat toggles inconsistent/missing

IMO this is more a bug report than the submission of a new idea. But I was sent here by the spotify twitter support account after confirming my problem, so here we are.

Shuffle/Repeat location changes between playlists, which is really bad design. If you have Now Playing opened you find Shuffle left to rewind and Repeat right to Forward. But if you open a Mixtape Playlist, the controls get replaced by Like and Hide.

Why on earth would you change the controls for a handful of playlists? To confuse users?

If you search for Shuffle/Repeat, on the iPhone you will find them in the context menu in the upper right. This is by no means a good place for it. Ideally, I like to choose that any time / on starting to play a playlist. Its already bugging me out, that I have to go to Now Playing to access the controls, but to open another menu there is inacceptable. 

Now here comes the ultimate deal breaker: If you want to toggle Shuffle/Repeat on iPad, its nowhere to be found! It is simply not possible while playing a mixtape. The only option you have, is to play another playlist, change the toggle, and then start playing the mixtape!

090A91A7-41FC-45CC-9EE7-F4F2ACA3F77C.png

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate you sharing this with us!

We've let the right teams know about this and they'll be looking into this. 

However, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, so we'll mark this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're rocking the latest improvements and fixes.

We'll keep you updated here once we have any further updates to pass on. 

Thanks again and have a lovely day 🙂

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @yk5-k_59oarsq 

The location of the buttons do change but they should be available on all platforms.

I have escalated your message for someone to check why the buttons are missing on the iPad app.

Cool album you were listening there btw 🙂

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Visitor

@Peter -- can you help direct my report to the appropriate team as well? I am having a somewhat similar problem.

Ever since the latest Spotify update a month ago (early May), my iOS iPhone app has been playing albums in complete random order with no way for me to turn off shuffle, no matter where I look. I can see the green shuffle icon next to the play button on albums, but there is no way for me to "click" or turn off the shuffle icon--trying to do so just hits the play button and I get nowhere.

This is not a problem at all on my desktop Spotify interface. I have tried reinstalling the app with no success. It's rather frustrating--I was so excited about joining Spotify just this May, and especially was pleased with being able to use the app to play albums without the use of my computer. It really has been aggravating to no longer be able to do this! Especially since I know it's some bug introduced from the update (or rather, I have no other explanation at this moment for it). I contacted Customer Service in early May as well, although they suggested I contact support via  @SpotifyCares twitter account (which I don't have a social media account to, so not helpful) and to check various Spotify troubleshooting sites (which did not contain the relevant information I was seeking a solution to, or answers were years old relating to outdated versions).

I would be very grateful for this issue to be resolved--thank you so much for your help! (: 

Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate you sharing this with us!

We've let the right teams know about this and they'll be looking into this. 

However, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, so we'll mark this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're rocking the latest improvements and fixes.

We'll keep you updated here once we have any further updates to pass on. 

Thanks again and have a lovely day 🙂