Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Sonos devices not appearing on Spotify Connect

I am having an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone (only) where my Sonos devices are not appearing.  Spotify Connect is there for my MacBook (when open) but none of the Sonos devices through Spotify Connect are appearing.  

All of the Sonos devices are appearing as expected on my MacBook, iPad and my wife’s iPhone, not I’m not sure why they’re not appearing on my iPhone.  I can connect to those devices through my Sonos app.  I have tried restarting the device, deleting/reinstalling both apps and restarting my router and Sonos devices and none have resolved the issue.  A reinstall of the Spotify app temporarily resolves the issue but keeps reverting.

I have attached screenshots from my 3 devices to show what’s appearing and details of the devices are listed below:

Plan: Premium

Devices:

• iPhone 7, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947, Sonos v 10.3.2
  • iPad Mini 4, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Spotify 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f
Spotify-iPad-iOS.jpg
Spotify-iPhone-iOS.jpg
Spotify-MacBook-macOS.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure your app is on the latest version by doing a clean reinstall.

Thanks!

Comments
Sonos73

Same issue but only since I updated to IOS 13 on my iphone X last night.

I can still see my Sonos devices from Windows / Android so looks to be tied to the IOS update specifically. I can still access Spotify via the Sonos app so the issue appears to be with the Spotify app connecting to Sonos on IOS 13 (appreciate other people have had this for a while on different versions).

Restarting / re-installing and airplane mode have no effect.

awagner166

Works on iPad running iOS 12.4.1 with Spotify version 8.5.23.644

Doesn’t work on iPhone XR iOS 13 with Spotify version 8.5.23.644

TimHansonE36

Going to have to add another one to the list of Sonos speakers not showing up within the Spotify app after iOS 13 update.

Spotify ver. 8.5.23.664

jblack68

iOS 13.0

iPhone Xs 256gb

Spotify Version: 8.5.23.644

same issue with me. Will only show my echo dot on my iPhone. But will show all my Sonos and sky devices on my MacBook Pro. This issue has just been happening recently. I have done the usual reinstall app. Refresh my network and that. Only way I can get it to appear on my iPhone is to do it on my MacBook Pro and it will work for a little time on my iPhone and will go back to the same issue. 

stannou

I've been having the same issues since updating to iOS 13, my Sonos speakers aren't being recognized meanwhile, my Apple TV and UE speakers are. I have the latest version of Spotify (8.5.23.644) on my iPhone 7. I have tried to reinstall the app, sign onto different networks, and restart my phone, nothing seems to resolve the on going issues of the Sonos speakers not being recognized. Please come up with a solution ASAP!

an3svdv1
Just like @LVG1 stated. 

The only thing that worked for me was to turn on the cellular data. 

For my iphone:

Settings > Spotify > Cellular Data (toggle on)

Turning it off reintroduced the problem.

RomanPh

Magically started working on iPhone 11 after upgrading to iOS 13.1. Will keep you posted if iOS 13.1 fixes it for good. 

MG20

Same problem and nothing works. On iOS 13 with iPhone 11 Pro Max. Works on my kids iPads but not my phone.  Thought it was the new iOS, but seems to be an issue prior to its release. 

RomanPh

Magically stopped working the same way it started. So it's not iOS 13.1 fixing it, it's still broken. 

wheelnutrusty

I have the same issue on my iPhone but works fine on my iPad.
iPhone XS Max ios13.1

iPad Air iPadOS 13.1