Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Sonos devices not appearing on Spotify Connect

I am having an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone (only) where my Sonos devices are not appearing.  Spotify Connect is there for my MacBook (when open) but none of the Sonos devices through Spotify Connect are appearing.  

All of the Sonos devices are appearing as expected on my MacBook, iPad and my wife’s iPhone, not I’m not sure why they’re not appearing on my iPhone.  I can connect to those devices through my Sonos app.  I have tried restarting the device, deleting/reinstalling both apps and restarting my router and Sonos devices and none have resolved the issue.  A reinstall of the Spotify app temporarily resolves the issue but keeps reverting.

I have attached screenshots from my 3 devices to show what’s appearing and details of the devices are listed below:

Plan: Premium

Devices:

• iPhone 7, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947, Sonos v 10.3.2
  • iPad Mini 4, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Spotify 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f
Spotify-iPad-iOS.jpg
Spotify-iPhone-iOS.jpg
Spotify-MacBook-macOS.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure your app is on the latest version by doing a clean reinstall.

Thanks!

Comments
Petya
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure your app is on the latest version by doing a clean reinstall.

Thanks!

broodro0ster

It works for me now 🙂

ashujoshi

This was a huge waste of time - 4 devices - Mac, Android, iPhone and iPad - cleared/removed/reset/deleted - all instructions followed BUT the Sonos speakers still DO NOT SHOW UP. I can play Spotify from the Sonos App though - so yes the Sonos speakers are working.

broodro0ster

@ashujoshi That sounds more like a network problem (with broadcasting). This issue was strictly on iOS 13 devices and not on computers or Android devices.

Restart your router and if that resolves it. 

ashujoshi

@broodro0ster Already did that - rebooted, reinstalled - tried everything. Plus the Spotify App can see the other devices such as Amazon Echo and other phones/Macs that are running the Spotify App. It is DOES not look like a Router problem.

Lyssa13

Hi, I am having this same issue. I performed a clean reinstall and have tried multiple times to reset my system. I’m able to connect to friends Sonos speakers when I’m at their house but it does not work at mine. Please help!

ousawagi

Windows 10 app will sporadically find other devices including Sonos and sporadically show none at all. All systems on same network. Done fresh install and makes no difference.

This is still an issue for some people. Please change status to Fixed For Some But Not All.

lwanger

Having the same problem. I was able to connect to my Sonos devices reliably for over a year. Now the Spotify app can't see any of them from either Android or Windows 10. I restarted the app, updated the app, uninstalled and re-installed the app. No luck.

lordbrixton

I had this a while back, rebooted my router because I'd moved it to decorate, and now the problem is back back back!

Sonos can see the speakers fine, and so I can use the Sonos app to access Spotify content, but just using the 'devices' tool in Spotify is way easier

Spotify can see Alexa using 'devices.' and once in a while all my Sonos speakers come back into the list but then disappear before I can actually click on them. 

olivertoma

Hey there,

Happy new year!

Any update on this one?

We do have the same issues. I can see all the speakers on my iPhone 11 Pro (latest iOS). My daugther don't see ANY speakers on her iPhone10 (latest iOS). My son only sees a fes speakers on his iPhone 7 (latest iOS). All other devices (older iPads and even my MacBook) shows all of the speakers.

We tried reinstalling the spotify as well as the SONOS app. Nothing changed. Sonos said it is not on their end (as the SONOS app always shows all speakers an all the devices.

Pls. investigate.

Cheers,

Oliver