Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Sonos devices not appearing on Spotify Connect

I am having an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone (only) where my Sonos devices are not appearing.  Spotify Connect is there for my MacBook (when open) but none of the Sonos devices through Spotify Connect are appearing.  

All of the Sonos devices are appearing as expected on my MacBook, iPad and my wife’s iPhone, not I’m not sure why they’re not appearing on my iPhone.  I can connect to those devices through my Sonos app.  I have tried restarting the device, deleting/reinstalling both apps and restarting my router and Sonos devices and none have resolved the issue.  A reinstall of the Spotify app temporarily resolves the issue but keeps reverting.

I have attached screenshots from my 3 devices to show what’s appearing and details of the devices are listed below:

Plan: Premium

Devices:

• iPhone 7, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947, Sonos v 10.3.2
  • iPad Mini 4, iOS 12.4, Spotify 8.5.19.947
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Spotify 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f
Spotify-iPad-iOS.jpg
Spotify-iPhone-iOS.jpg
Spotify-MacBook-macOS.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure your app is on the latest version by doing a clean reinstall.

Thanks!

Comments
luisx1504
Same it won’t connect
jodur

I can conform that the latest update fixed the problem for me with my Yamaha mussicast devices!~

Ippeichan

My problem is still unchanged after the latest update.

kevinjohnsonirl

I have updated to the latest version of Spotify (8.5.27.1156) on iOS 13.1.2 and the issue now appears to be resolved for me and all the Sonos Spotify Connect devices are appearing as normal. 

I'll keep an eye out to make sure the fix persists and doesn't revert. 

SweatyKenny

I can also confirm that the new release of the Spotify app has fixed the issue. (At least for me, at least for now. If it quits working again, you'll be the first to hear!)  Thank you to the Spotify support folks!

huntingtondp

This is now working for me as well with the latest update. Thank you for fixing this!

Alexandrin

Works again for me as well in the latest version. Let's hope it lasts.

Thank you!

SweatyKenny

One more thing...I also replied to Sonos support to let them know that it's working for me, as I've had a ticket open with them about this issue as well. I've provided them with a link to this thread. 

MrAshwood

iPhone XS iOS 13.1.3

Spotify 8.5.26.893

The_Last_Rhino

The latest update fixed the issue for me. Thank you!