Announcements

[iOS] Spotify lags/crashes when scrolling through larger playlists

Hello all, I've been suffering a new major issue ever since the latest Spotify update on iOS. I download and store all of my music, and play and add them onto a large playlist with hundreds of songs. I never have had an issue with this setup beforehand. Now, if I attempt to scroll past these songs and go near the bottom of it, the app will lag, freeze up, and even crash on occasion, practically making the app unusable. I am on an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and am on the latest iOS version. I have already attempted to reinstall the app, but upon doing so, it did not alleviate the issue. Is this an issue on my end or is this an unintended performance issue by the development team?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! 

Comments
Eclipse_31
Roadie

I tend to create yuuuuge playlists, more often than not with entire albums being represented in a lot of them.  I tend to prune my playlists and remove duplicates/songs that don't match the mood or theme.  The scroll lag can be very problematic sometimes, I can't even tap songs and the progress bar doesn't even move at all.  Sometimes, the app crashes, but this happens when a song plays and is very rare.  I hope this issue is fixed as soon as possible!

ArborArcanist
Visitor

Same problem.

I’m on an iPad, just updated (as in today) to the newest version of IpadOS and Spotify. Liked songs in unaffected, but even my smallest main playlist (165 tracks) experiences a degree of lag. Larger ones crash outright or freeze up, as described by the original poster. Changed my wifi, restarted ipad, cleared cache, reset most settings and reinstalled app, all to no avail.  I am Considering trying to restore to an older version of my iPad.

KNIGHT516

Only happens to me on my Main Playlist which is quite long, just under 2,000 tracks. I have an iPad Pro and the iOS is up to date and so is the Spotify app.

somemusicguy123
Visitor

GUYS, UPDATE NOW, THE LAG IS FINALLY GONE AFTER 3 MONTHS.

I saw this morning that Spotify just had an update and the bug that always lags the playlist with many songs is finally gone after 3 months.

The new version is: 8.5.93

DSFive
Casual Listener

Oh **bleep**, the latest update fixed the issue for me. Thanks Spotify Team for listening to us, and I hope you all have the issue fixed when you update as well!

Tobiasmattsson
Casual Listener

IT’S FINALLY FIXED WITH THE NEW UPDATE!!!

KNIGHT516

Update did the trick! Thanks Spotify!

somemusicguy123
Visitor

bruh the update was yesterday

Angel23a
Visitor

Ayuda! 
tengo un iPhone 11 ios14.3 , pasa que la tengo desactivados los datos móviles para la aplicación sin embargo cuando ingreso a la app es como si los tuviese activado. 
Reviso en configuraciones y aparece como si estuvieses n desactivados los datos 

alguien tiene una solución para eso 

Yuuna
Casual Listener

The update fixed my lag as well! Thank you Spotify!