Syncing tracks for offline use, on iPhone is extremely slow.
From original topic:
"The mobile Spotify app is extremely slow to sync songs and usually stops after 20-25 songs. This has been happening for weeks if not months.
I have a blazing fast cable connection: 100Mb download speed + backup 8Mb download DSL. I've tried on these 2 connections + a 20Mb DSL connection at work and I have the same issue. Wifi signal is 5/5 on both iPhones and bandwidth tests are good.
Friends of mine living where I live (Strasbourg, France) don't seem to have the same problem. I can only think that it might be related to my account."
Please provide this additional info when you reply:
- Which device(s) are you using? Please be specific, i.e. iPhone 4S, iPad 3 WiFi only, iPad 4 3G
- What version is your iOS? I.e. 5.1,6.0.1,etc.
- What quality are you syncing?
- On which device(s) is syncing slow?
- On which device(s) is syncing fast (or "regular" speed)?
- If your tracks are syncing slowly, what's your average sync speed?
- How many tracks, approximately, are you trying to sync?
- Are you syncing over WiFi or 3G?
- Do you know and can you confirm how fast your down- and upload speeds are on your WiFi network?
- (Optional, for privacy reasons) In which country are you located?
- Are you syncing local files or Spotify tracks?
- If you are trying to sync local files, could you try only syncing Spotify tracks. Is this slow?
- Please provide a couple of examples of playlists or tracks that are slow to sync.
- On the "slow" device, did you:
reset the cache of your Safari app?
un- and reinstall the Spotify app?
2013-01-10: We still have people looking into this and we need your help to provide more specific data
2013-01-16: Anyone having any kind of connection issue should have a look at the connection troubleshooting tips
2013-01-29: We have reports of this issue being resolved for users with an iPhone 5, on iOS 6.1. Please try updating your device to iOS 6.1 and let us know if that changes anything. When you reply, please include your iOS version.
Hey guys we're going to close this thread as it's been getting very posts. If you continue to have trouble please start a new thread in the iOS board and we will investigate. Thank