[iOS] Tracks sync very slowly

Thread: 1513

Description

Syncing tracks for offline use, on iPhone is extremely slow.

Additional information

From original topic:

"The mobile Spotify app is extremely slow to sync songs and usually stops after 20-25 songs. This has been happening for weeks if not months.

I have a blazing fast cable connection: 100Mb download speed + backup 8Mb download DSL. I've tried on these 2 connections + a 20Mb DSL connection at work and I have the same issue. Wifi signal is 5/5 on both iPhones and bandwidth tests are good.
Friends of mine living where I live (Strasbourg, France) don't seem to have the same problem. I can only think that it might be related to my account."

Please provide this additional info when you reply:

• Which device(s) are you using? Please be specific, i.e. iPhone 4S, iPad 3 WiFi only, iPad 4 3G
  • What version is your iOS? I.e. 5.1,6.0.1,etc.
  • What quality are you syncing?
  • On which device(s) is syncing slow?
  • On which device(s) is syncing fast (or "regular" speed)?
  • If your tracks are syncing slowly, what's your average sync speed?
  • How many tracks, approximately, are you trying to sync?
  • Are you syncing over WiFi or 3G?
  • Do you know and can you confirm how fast your down- and upload speeds are on your WiFi network?
  • (Optional, for privacy reasons) In which country are you located?
  • Are you syncing local files or Spotify tracks?
  • If you are trying to sync local files, could you try only syncing Spotify tracks. Is this slow?
  • Please provide a couple of examples of playlists or tracks that are slow to sync.
  • On the "slow" device, did you:
    reset the cache of your Safari app?
    un- and reinstall the Spotify app?

Updates

2013-01-10: We still have people looking into this and we need your help to provide more specific data

2013-01-16: Anyone having any kind of connection issue should have a look at the connection troubleshooting tips

2013-01-29: We have reports of this issue being resolved for users with an iPhone 5, on iOS 6.1. Please try updating your device to iOS 6.1 and let us know if that changes anything. When you reply, please include your iOS version.

Hey guys we're going to close this thread as it's been getting very posts. If you continue to have trouble please start a new thread in the iOS board and we will investigate. Thank

Comments
Premium62
Regular

Can you describe "some space" more exactly?

Shouldnt be 2 GB enough?

KarianneH
Casual Listener

what I mean by "free some space" is that you delete for example songs or videos from the apps that uses itunes. But if you have 2GB of free space, then mabye the problem is something else for you. Because I mearly had 200MB of free space on my iphone when i discovered this. I'm sorry I couldnt help you..

stefs

Hi,

Was this ever resolved?? I am on a trial with Spotify at the moment - on iphone 5, got latest software, fast wifi etc and sometimes the tracks sync offline really fast but most of the time it just stops syncing altogether. It is extremely frustrating and a shame as it could be such an amazing service. Currently though there is no way I am going to start paying for this until it's resolved.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated!

S

Pmariese

I see that this still hasn't been resolved yet, I have had a look around and a few of these topics have been brought up and resolved, although I have tried other methods and still not yet to have this resolved. Can anyone help!! My spotify wont even finish syncing 1 song out of 300. 

I have uninstalled and re installed the app, this has not helped 😞

Someone help!! please!!

Richard
Roadie
Hey guys, we're still looking in this. Thanks for bearing with us.

Right now, it'd be helpful if you could let us know where you're connecting from.

Cheers!
cara_m
Regular

Sorry, but this is really unacceptable. Hundreds of thousands of us are paying for a premium service we are simply not getting. I am SICK of this issue! Are spotify planning to reimburse the users who can't use the service they are paying for because of technical problems???

cara_m
Regular

Also, just so everyone is aware - there are posts on the board about this SAME ISSUE ovea a YEAR AGO.  So hundreds of thousands of us are paying £120 a year for Spotify premium, but that's not enough for them to pay a  development team to work overtime to resolve this. It's an absolute joke! I feel that Spotify are laughing at us here - we are paying for a service they aren't delivering, which they don't seem to be able/willing to fix and there has been no mention at all of a discount for the period where it hasn't been working. How can this be allowed?!

Richard
Roadie

Hey all, in order to get a bit of a 'control' test for this, we'd like you to try syncing this playlist to your device: Sync Me Please (should contain 5 tracks).

Please let us know:

1. The sync quality option you're using in the settings

2. The device you're using (and Android/iOS version)

3. How long it took to sync

We can then get a better idea of what's going on here.

IRotaetxe
Regular
I do totally agree with you. My unsatisfacttion with Spotify and a lot of frustration keeps growing.
3dimesdown
Music Fan

This issue has been  improved greatly for me recently.

I ran the test with the playlist as requested, results are:

iPhone5 (32G model, ~ 4G free, Spotify usage ~ 17G)

Time to sync: 1 min.

iOS: 6.1.4

App: 0.7.1.23

Sync Quality: High

I repeated with a few random new playlists of varying length (up to 40 tracks) and got the same result - approx 20 seconds per track.

Works for me now. I expect other's mileage may vary.

Related Issues