Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Unable to play songs from Search in playlists

We've received reports from iOS users who can't play songs from Search in playlists. Scroll through the playlist and tapping the song works fine. This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone! Note that you may need to log out from the app and sign back in to your account for the changes to take effect, so make sure to give it a try, if you haven't already.

In case you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
yam488

after they changed the stupid UI, I can't play music when I try to search for music in the playlist I clicked the song and nothing happen. I can't play music when I try to search and play in Playlist. (English is not my first language so it sounds terrible please understand me)

jjsvalley

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

Iphone 12 pro max

Operating System

ios 16.4.1

My Question or Issue

When I try to search through my playlist (using the search bar) and I try to click on a song, it won’t play it. I have to manually scroll to said song and click it there.

Spleeny

Whenever I search something in any of my playlists and tap on a song, the song won’t play. I have to scroll down manually.

Ved1

Plan

Premium Student

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

My Question or Issue

I have created my spotify playlists that are in my library and are downloaded. I typically search the song I want to listen to in that playlist and click on it to play it. However, now what is happening is that I cannot click the track to play it, I can only swipe to add it to queue or like it. I restarted my phone but it does not fix it. If I search the track and hold my finger on it, I can see that it can detect my finger is there and highlights the track I have selected but I cannot click on it to play it. Never had this issue before and it is very annoying to not be able to play the songs right after searching it in the playlist

p4andhag

iPhone 13

iOS 16.4.1

My Question or Issue

From inside app  when i try to access account, app hangs and crash. Multiple reinstalls and clearing of cache. still same issue.

when searching for songs in own library i cannot click and play searched artist or song.

AbiWabi

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

when ever i try and search within a playlist it wont let me click on a song or the 3 dots. however clicking on a song in the playlist when it isnt popped up with the search function works fine. ive tried reinstalling the app, clearing my cache and logging out my account and nothing works. please help, my only playlist has 2.5k songs and this bug is making the app infinitely worse for me to use.

Plamen_Bear

Hey,
try following:
Close the app by sliding it - open the Spotify App - then with logg out and logg in again -  it worked for me

AbiWabi

as i said in the post i tried that and had no luck

ivanslidin

Im having the same exact issue already, closed the app, logged out, deleted the app, and restarted my phone. 

AbiWabi

did that fix it for you or are we in the same boat?