Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Unable to play songs from Search in playlists

We've received reports from iOS users who can't play songs from Search in playlists. Scroll through the playlist and tapping the song works fine. This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone! Note that you may need to log out from the app and sign back in to your account for the changes to take effect, so make sure to give it a try, if you haven't already.

In case you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
RewenEMP

First off, this is the worst forum ever constructed. Why do I need to be forced to make an additional account within my Spotify account just to tell you that you broke your service? 

First off, removing liked songs was stupid and frustrating, bring it back, this plus nonsense is confusing and annoying. Second, I’ve been having the exact same issue. It’ll highlight the song as if it’s taken my input, but nothing happens. SOMETIMES I’m ALLOWED to queue by sliding the song, but that’s SOMETIMES. I’m on an iPhone XR with the most recent IOS update with a Spotify Premium Student plan. 

I'm gonna be honest, Youtube Music/YouTube Premium looks like a way better service every day. Seriously. How did you break something as simple as a **bleep**ing search feature? 

small edit: I’m trying to select songs from within the search playlist feature, I realized I hadn’t made that very clear. Also, cute censorship system.

thechungeldor

iPhone 13 promax 

version 16.1.2

Premium plan 

4/25 don’t know what time, but PST

I’ve done the clean reinstall, deleted the app, restart phone but still no luck. When I search a song in the playlist and tap it, my phone responds to me tapping it, but Spotify does not 

Lcrosbygarcia

I would love to know when this issue will be permanently fixed. Having to log out and back in to the app just to temporarily solve the problem is unacceptable, especially since I am paying for Spotify.

DaddyToph

I have a Family Premium account running on an iPhone 13 Pro using iOS Version 16.4.1 and my timezone is London (BST). As for a specific date/time, all I can give is that it's been an ongoing issue since Friday afternoon. I've logged out and back in. I've turned my phone off and back on. I've uninstalled the app, deleted the data, and reinstalled the app. Nothing has changed the persistence of the issue. At this point, after reading all the other comments, I really cannot see how this will be resolved other than by your devs getting dug into the code and sorting it for us. Best of luck!

f0xx8

Same issue! Seems like even Spotify don’t have a clue! 

Vachan

i use iphone xr and the latest version but i am unable to play or select from search in playlist. And one more thing please bring back shuffle play the new shuffle option is annoying 

Dholmes0187

Yes I'm the same, been doing this for a few days now

Charles0131

Been having this problem for a few days. 

iPhone 14, iOS 16.4.1, just updated Spotify a few days ago. Did a clean reinstall, pretty much everything I could have done and it still isn’t fixed. 

Swoftii

Been having this problem for a while now

Was able to fix it a couple times by asking support to clear my downloads but I also fixed it myself somehow by sliding to close the app, then logging out and logging back in. These are only temporary fixes and only last about 24 hours for me before reverting back to where I can't play the songs from the search in a playlist menu.

july103

iPhone 8 Plus, version 16.4.1, Spotify Duo Premium plan, New York (EST). I’ve had this problem since Friday 9:00pm. It keeps coming back every time I close the app. Please fix this glitch!