[iOS] [iPad] Search Doesn't Return All Results

Thread575508622496

Description:

Searching on iPad does not always return all search results. 

To reproduce:

• Using the iPad application run a simple search which will return many results. 
  • Selecting Artists/Albums/Playlists or Scrolling down to Tracks will not show all search results (if you run a comparable search on desktop or iPhone).

Workaround:

Upon testing, it appears loading the search for a second time fixes this issue. My example:

• Search "David Bowie" and select Albums in search results. App returns 14 album results. 
  • Search "Pink Floyd" and select Albums in search results (number of results is not relevant).
  • Search "David Bowie" and select Albums in search results. App will return all albums by David Bowie in the catalogue (which is a lot!).

Additional information:

It appears the application fails to "get more" results on scrolling on the first search, but when it checks and reloads the cached content when searching again it works as expected. 

The work around detailed above does not work for advanced searches such as genre: label: year: etc.

If you are having this issue, can you please post:

1. Your Spotify Version
  2. Your iPad's iOS Version.

Thanks!

Updates:

2014-02-05: Spotify are working on a fix for this issue.

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

0 Likes
Comments
mbug90
Roadie
Using search modifiers like label: or genre: only return seven album results. The workaround you provided does not work. Help.
Peter__
Community Legend
Can confirm that is the case, unfortunately there is nothing I can suggest to make it work I'm afraid.

I will update the first post.
timiambeing
Community Legend
Bug still here (search results just keep getting the same albums round and round as you scroll down in 'label' search): Spotify 0.9.3.212 iOS 7.0.6 iPad ME276B/A
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys! This should now be sorted for all of you. 

If you're still having trouble please let us know! Thanks!

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Fixed