Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files bug (spotify forgets about local files)

local files bug (spotify forgets about local files)

1. add some local files to desktop app

2. add song from local files to some playlist

3. play song in the playlist

4. manualy seek  progress playing bar to beggining of the song

spotify forgets about this song and says that song is unavailable on this computer.

you have to disable all local files, and redo adding local files to bring it back.

this is so annoying, please fix it. 😞

ps: I use windows store desktop version.

14 Replies

Hey @vilenka!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

Could you send us your Windows and Spotify version numbers? Also, is this happening to specific local files or any of them?

We tried testing this on our end, but couldn't replicate it. In this case, let's make sure you have the latest Spotify version by following these steps.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

@Alfredo

Windows 10 (1709 16299.125)

Spotify 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc (Windows Store version)

here is the video with the bug https://youtu.be/dEGX5GqJ1SA

well, not all songs replicate the issue. the one the definitelly replicate is Lexy Panterra - Bloodshot, was bought and downloaded from Google Music (web download)

I can send you the exact file (for investigating purporses), just tell me how. 🙂

Thanks for all the info!

What's the format of this song? Also, are there any pending updates for your sound driver?

Also, just to confirm, did reinstalling Spotify help at all?

Keep us posted.

@Alfredo

the file is mp3 320kb (7020882 bytes size)

no, reinstalling Spotify doesn't help. I did uninstall, and installed it again from Microsoft Store,

added local files, same bug.

Thanks for the info @vilenka!

Would it be possible for you to change the location of your local files in your computer? We know you might have a lot of songs, so in this case we'd like you to try this with only 20 or 30 songs. Make sure to include the ones that were having problems to play in Spotify as local files before. 

If possible, create a new folder in your desktop (or your new desired location) and copy the song files in there. Then, enable the location of the new folder from the Spotify App so you can see those files on the app. Try to play those songs from there and let us know if it happens again or not.

We'll be waiting for your response.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @Julian

Tested, the same - https://youtu.be/fElpePVuwiU

copied several files to different drive with newly created folder, even copied file with the problem twice with name without spaces.

this is definitely something with mp3 file.

@Julian

btw, if I'm adding a lot of local files, while spotify is scanning folder, UI is unresponsive. 🙂

(stop, play, seeking, has weird behaviour)

Thanks for that info. 

Just to check, does the same thing happen if you pause the song before manually seeking the progress playing bar to start of the song? Also, could you try adding the local files to a playlist and then reproducing them from there?

Keep us posted.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

hi @Maria_B

also reproducing with pause

https://youtu.be/WEdPPm4VMnQ

added to playlist, played 10 seconds, pause, seek, bug. 😞

Thanks for the update @vilenka!

Do you remember if this started happening after a specific update or event? Also, could you let us know if it only happens with the songs that you got through Google Music?

In the meantime, could you convert the mp3 files to .m4p? If QuickTime is installed on your computer, .mp4 files are also supported.

Hope to hear from you soon.

@MaríaCamila

I don't remember.

usualy I'm using a phone (there is no bug btw), and sometimes listening on pc.

I did convert mp3 to m4a (same as m4p, but without DRM) and to mp4, using ffmpeg.

Spotify does not enumerated them, are you sure that it should? 🙂

Hey @vilenka!

Just to confirm, did you purchase the song you're using? Also, is this happening only to one song from your local files or any of them?

Do you happen to have a different desktop/laptop you could use to see if it behaves the same?

Keep us posted.

@Alfredo

I mentioned that songs was bought on google music, bug happens on two PC computers.

It is definitely happens with this particular song, but I believe it is not the only one.

Thanks for getting back to us with this info!

Is this happening over a specific audio output? Are you switching from an audio output to another when this happens? Also, let's make sure your computers' sound drivers are fully up to date before trying again.

Keep us posted.

Suggested posts