Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Solved!

my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Device

broken iphone 6s i use as an ipod w my hotspot on my iphone 10XR and Mac Book Pro 2017,       the problem shows up on all three devices

Operating System

(iOS)

Issue

my recently played keeps having random albums and artists that ive never even heard of or listened to and i dont know if ive been hacked or what because i constantly remove them from the list but new ones appear every few days,

i check offline devises and i have an old iphone that i use as an ipod cuz it has an aux port and i have this iphone and a laptop so i dont think ive been hacked i just dont understand whats happening ive changed my password too and it still happens, ive also had this problem for months and i thougth it would disapate yet it has not.

also ill be listening to a playlist with my two phones in my pocket with headphones in and all the sudden it plays a very random songs i would never even dream of listening to or even heard of

the only stuff i have ever listened to or clicked on in this list is the following, Spiderman, hiphop controller, and todays top hits. all that other stuff ive never seen in my life till i opened spotify today and i go through and delete it all then new random stuff appears the next day,  

im trying to upload photos of my recently played and its not working but i litteraly cleared it yesterday and right now there are 27/30 of the list is stuff ive never seen in my life

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.47.50 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, check if any suspicious third-party apps and offline devices are connected to your account. If there are any, please remove the access. 

Then reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If after following these steps the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

97 Replies

Hey @pringlesman35.

Welcome to the Community. That's not cool, let's see how we can help out.

If you have reason to believe someone's gained access to your account, we recommend you check out this article and follow the steps.

One of the last steps will get you in touch with the right teams. They'll be able to help!

Let us know how you get on. If you have any other questions, we're here for you.

Take care.

Same happened to me, with the same weird music.

I have an Iphone 6 too, today I wake up and spotify was playing this weird music in my phone.

Also yesterday, I was listening The Beatles and randomly changed to Andrew Turner.

Spotify.png

Hey @justgracex,

Welcome to the Community.

Have you tried logging out everywhere and changing your password? You can check how to log out everywhere here.

Let us know how this goes. Have a nice day.

I dont believe is a password problem, I'm from a diferent country and the same weird music appear in my recently played. 

Hey @justgracex.

Thanks for getting back to us.

By "the same", do you mean it's the same as the music in the original poster's post (ie as can be seen in the screenshot)? If so, could you give us some examples?

Once we have this information, we will look into it further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Yeah, with some difference but yes. I marked in red those that are the same.

I only listened The Beatles from all that music, the rest I don't know where it came from.

spotify1.JPGspotify2.JPGspotify3.JPGspotify4.JPG

I have had this exact problem. Same tracks appearing in my recently played. I have tried three separate times now to log out of everywhere on spotify and facebook. Reset my passwords (even using the facebook double verification log in). Diligently log out of any facebook sessions etc. But still the same weird music keeps coming up. I've looked around forums and this is happening a lot. SPOTIFY IS NOT LISTENING. They keep telling us to follow the change your password link etc. THIS IS NOT WORKING. THERE IS CLEARLY ANOTHER ISSUE ---- GET IT SORTED!

It doesn't seem to matter what device you use or what your personal settings are. I am premium (Student). I use my spotify on my phone and listen through 4 different firesticks / also on my iMac / also occassionally on my work PC.

Please can someone acknowledge there is a problem and let us know if you are looking into it.

It's obvious someone is stealing money by giving themselves fake plays.

SO ANNOYED AT THIS!!!!!!!

weird songsweird songs

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like a lot of your recently played music doesn't match with what you've been listening to. This may have several reasons; the account is being used somewhere else, the account was used during a gathering and so on. We'll look into this and get back with updates. 

In the meantime, we suggest you hit the +VOTE button and do the following if you haven't already:

• Reset your password on your Spotify account.
  • Reset your password on the email address registered on your account.
  • Log out everywhere with these steps here.
  • Send us the URI's of the unfamiliar playlists and albums that are displayed that match the original poster's. 
  • Send us your Spotify version, device and OS. 

We'll make sure to get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks!

Reset your password immediately!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem. Not only unknown songs would appear on my recently played but they would actually play at any given time, even what I was listening to would stop and these unwanted and unrelated songs would start playing.

After testing and being unable to find a real solution (and trying useless password resets and closing session on other devices) I believe I found my own.

Disconnected my account from Facebook and the problem seems to be resolved.

This is clearly a problem of some sort, hope developers are able to figure things out from this. Wether it's an actual problem or intentional.

JUST to avoid any doubt out there in Spotify HQ -

-- This may have several reasons; the account is being used somewhere else, --- if you mean my account is being used by someone I know at a different location, no. If you mean someone unknown has hijacked mulitple spotify accounts and keeps playing the same RUBBISH unknown songs on everyones playlist then maybe.

-- the account was used during a gathering - it may have been, and I would have been in control of it, but what would not have happened is under any circumstances would the shite music that keeps appearing have been played.

Reset your password on your Spotify account. - I HAVE DONE THIS FOUR TIMES (over a period of a month)

* Reset your password on the email address registered on your account. - I HAVE DONE THIS FOUR TIMES

* Log out everywhere - I HAVE DONE THIS FOUR TIMES (over a period of a month)

* Send us the URI's of the unfamiliar playlists and albums that are displayed that match the original poster's. - The original poster screen shotted the offending songs and described them very clearly. I also screen shotted them. I have listed some below just to help you anyway.

I listen on my imac spotify version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b OS Mojave 10.14.1. Also listen on  sony xperia - version 8. 4. 84. I log in using a FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. I would have cancelled my Spotify account and created a new one by now, if I had not just activated a student discount, if I cancel you will not honour the discount on the new account until the cancelled accounts discount has expired.  

And for those that have trouble reading --- I HAVE CHANGED MY PASSWORD --- MANY TIMES. ALMOST TO THE POINT I CAN'T REMEMBER IT.

Here's a short list of some of the dodgy tracks URls: (by the way I HATE RAP and HIP HOP)

spotify:album:1lNDl0U2pSXv9v2BWBehca (Khaled Beats - Professional Sounds)

spotify:album:3nbOrtjXP6VbqSQryL14hX  (Hood Tales - HIp Hop Rap 

Beats)

spotify:album:3LRW1qkfnmQ4RkeCPgsXBx (Freestyle Battle - Agressive Beats)

spotify:album:0WOD1PqHoPb6eLlAD9Wpjy (Friends Fantasy - Electronic Beat Boyz)

spotify:album:56A3nC52o3X5gSaIDdVcKj (Mantra - Brahma)

spotify:album:7DjXvUPEZPwwxMAyuJ9ZEd (Fantasy Dream Beats - The Drum Beats Boys)

There have been many others.

This happened to me too a week or two ago! I specifically remember "Funky Freestyle Beats" being played. I woke up one day and it was being played on the Spotify Web Player (which I never use). I immediately signed out on all devices and changed my password.

Kind of the same as the above user, BUT the music fits my taste. I have a play list I've labeled Best of the Best...I travel A LOT so this is what I listen to on the plane. However, when I'm on the ground it will select songs by artists I have in the play list but aren't currently in this playlist. Or it just recently selected Tom Petty, great Southern Rocker, BUT, not anywhere in my "Best of the Best"....not even close actually. How come I'm getting Petty and not Greg Allman, or Kenny Wayne Shepard. Right now it just started with Eddie Money....no way shape or form does he fit into this playlist.....I'M VERY CONFUSED.

You know what I'm experiencing this tooScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 6.22.04 PM.pngWho the **bleep** is Angeline Quinto?

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this. We've passed on this information to the relevant team and they're working on it.

Just to clarify, the issue that is being reported is that multiple users are seeing the same music in their Recently Played which they don't recognise/have never played before. Please refer to the original post in order to confirm this.

If you are experiencing the issue as described above, we suggest you hit the +VOTE button and do the following if you haven't already:

• Reset your password on your Spotify account.
  • Log out everywhere with these steps here.
  • Send us the URI's of the unfamiliar playlists and albums that are displayed that match the original poster's. 
  • Send us your Spotify version, device and OS version. 

Thanks!

I've had something very similar happen. I was listening to a playlist and I closed out Spotify and went to bed. You can imagine the scare I got when very LOUDLY a random playlist started playing from my phone through my Google Speaker. I have no idea what this band/playlist is, I have never searched it, never even heard of it. Yet it randomly starts playing without any prompt to do so. I also found that I was some how following this playlist though I had never heard it before. I unfollowed it but it was already listed on my "Heavy rotation" and "Recently Played". I have changed my password, verified that the only places I was logged in was my personal computer (only I have access to it) and my phone.

I thought the problem had gone away for the most part... but nope. I just logged into my spotify and there it is listed in my recently played and listed AFTER the playlist I was listening to this morning.

No one else has access to my account, no one else has a device on it, and no one else has used my account.

If you will not fix this issue where accounts are some how making us listen and follow them then at least give us the ability to block/remove accounts and playlists.

My issue has been with 2k18 and YSQUAR3 - both have the same music both are recently created playlists and BOTH I have never searched or heard of!!

Thanks for reporting this. We've passed on this information to the relevant team and they're working on it.

Just to clarify, the issue that is being reported is that multiple users are seeing the same music in their Recently Played which they don't recognise/have never played before. Please refer to the original post in order to confirm this.

If you are experiencing the issue as described above, we suggest you hit the +VOTE button and do the following if you haven't already:

• Reset your password on your Spotify account.
  • Log out everywhere with these steps here.
  • If you have your Facebook profile connected to your Spotify account we recommend the following 2 steps as well:
  • Send us the URI's of the unfamiliar playlists and albums that are displayed that match the original poster's. 
  • Send us your Spotify version, device and OS version. 

Thanks!

its been three weeks and im just not going to use spotify after my premium subscription runs out this moth, im waisting my money with this annoying occurance that seems to get the same responce from you guys saying reset password blah blah blaah, as you can see several people follow your steps exactly many times (i have at least 10 times) and it fixes nothing. the recently played on all my devices just gets filled to the brim with bad muisc so i cant even find what i was listening to the day before and thats a huge issue when im paying for my own account. stop pushing this matter under the rug and fix it

Suggested posts