not connecting to Sonos

Here we go - again...: Spotify is having problems connecting to Sonos. (I can access my Spotify through my Sonos app, just like last time when this issue occured a few months ago) I tried re-installing Spotify several times (incl. installing an older version of the app - which was the temporary solution last time this happened), logging out, opening/closing the app several times... It is a complete hit or miss now whether I can connect to Sonos; sometimes it connects normally, other times it doesn't connect at all. Yesterday it would play a track for 5 seconds or so and then disconnect. Problems started last Friday.

Hey folks!

As we haven't heard back from you in a while, we're closing this thread.

You can open a new one if anything else comes up.

All the best.

0 Likes
Comments
MonicaM_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi, @ejlens!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Could you let us know what device, operating system and Spotify version you're using? Also, can you try the steps here for us? They should help with this.

Let us know how it goes. 

alekv

I've got the same issue. Spotify won't connect neither from my iPhone nor my laptop anymore. 

iPhone X, OS version 11.2.6. Spotify app version: 8.4.40.785

MacBook. OS version 13.13.3, Spotify app version: 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a

ZullyB
Roadie

Hey @alekv!

Just to confirm, have you tried the steps we sent you in the last message? Also, can you tell us when did this start happening exactly? Was it after an update?

Last but not least, it would be super helpful if you could give it a try from a different account. You can use a friend's account, just to test it out.

Keep us posted!

alekv

Hi @ZullyB

No. I didn't go through those steps. I can't imagine that re-installing can be a valid solution when the iPhone  and desktop app are affected. 

But let me quickly try on my iPhone...

Ok, did it an it seems that it worked, on the iPhone. 

I think the issue is the authorization routine. I didn't re-install Spotify on the desktop. But, after I logged out on the the desktop and logged in again, then it started working.  

The issue started just recently (days), so I guess it is because of a Spotify update. And I guess Spotify messed up the cached authorization credentials. That would explain why logging out and logging back in fixes the issue.

Schnigel

I have the same issue.

Exactly the same problem as a few moths ago, however this time its worse.

Can only play 5-10sec before it cuts out.

Via Sonos own app it works flawlessly

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @Schnigel!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Could you send us your device's make and model, OS, and Spotify version?

In the meantime let's make sure there aren't any pending updates for your Sonos firmware.

Keep us posted.

ejlens
Casual Listener

Using Samsung S7. Spotify version 8.4.39.673armV7 (nice conveniently short version number hehe).Re-installed the app twice; seems to be stable again now.

ejlens
Casual Listener

I knew I shouldn't have posted that everything seemed stable again... Literally minutes after my previous post Spotify started giving me the same problems - again: Spotify will simply not connect to Sonos. I briefly turned off the music, used my phone to play a video, then opened Spotify again, tried to connect to Sonos and...nothing happened... Spotify plays a track for 5 seconds or so, but it not connecting to Sonos. Spotify does still play on my phone. I've really had enough of this... Why am I paying for Spotify if time and again they mess it up so badly?!

JuanSebastian
Roadie

Thanks for the info @ejlens.

Are you trying to stream music by using Spotify Connect or directly from the Sonos app? Also, let us know the make and model of your Sonos device and the firmware version you're currently running.

We'll see what we can suggest. 

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey folks!

As we haven't heard back from you in a while, we're closing this thread.

You can open a new one if anything else comes up.

All the best.

Related Issues