Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chromebook

My Question or Issue

I am not able to play music in the web-player, whenever i play a song or playlist it will just randomly go to 5 other songs in quick succession, eventually it will start playing a totally different song for 10 sec and then it completely stops playing music. How do i resolve this?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your reports.

Please make sure that your browsers are on the latest available version. If you're unsure, you can look online on what's the current version of the browser you're using to double check.

Keep in mind that you may need to reach out to your IT department if this issue occurs in a work network for further instructions. Spotify requires unrestricted access to the internet in order for the Web Player to function as expected.

If the issue perists on a 64-bit version of your web browsers, feel free to start a new thread in our Help Boards and we'll be happy to troubleshoot this further. 

Cheers!

Comments
berne1007
Regular

Good afternoon,

This started today, every song that plays will stop at exactly :10, every time.

I have tried different playlists, albums, searching and playing songs not in my library, etc. Song will start fine and stop at :10 every single time.

I searched for this topic and see it has surfaced in the past, however no solutions are shown. One thread shows 'solved', however the 'solution' is to contact Spotify.

Believe me, I have attempted to contact Spotify in the past and this forum is basically the only way.

Anybody have this same issue recently and if so, is there a solution? Using Firefox on PC.  thanks

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @berne1007

Please tell me your operating system and Spotify's version (Windows Store app or not). :)

Does this happen on the web player as well?

Let me know!

Calixta

Plan

Free

Country

France

Device

ASUS computer I don't know the name of it

Operating System

linux 

My Question or Issue

Hey everyone,

I need your help:

on Mozilla whenever I try to use spotify web browser, it automatically skip a few songs then start one song and then stop after 10 seconds. I tried different playlists, I tried turning my computer on and off, logging out and logging in again, it always does that : stopping after exactly 10 seconds of playing a song. 

So i downloaded the addon player for mozilla and same thing happens

So I tried using it on Opera (and also downloaded the addon for opera) but it asks me to enable the player except I don't know how to do this on Opera

I am not a tech person, I know nothing about coding and I really just want to listen to music,

Can someone help me please ? 

Thanks a lot !

Scribblez92

I'm having this same issue. I use spotify in the web player to listen to music at work. The songs that I try to listen to will skip 3 or 4 different songs and stop at 9 seconds. However, it doesnt fo this on the spotify app.

berne1007
Regular

Thanks for reaching out. One other commenter posted another exact issue I get, which is when you click play for a song, it skips down two more songs on its own, and begins playing that third song. Then always stops exactly at :10.

As far as the Web Player, I am on a work PC and am not allowed to install the Web Player. Matter of fact, I had it on here before and I.T. removed it remotely. They are pretty gangster about it. Spotify app functions just fine on my iPhone.

So regarding Spotify version, I cannot find a version for the online player so I assume it is always current when I visit play.spotify.com. If you know where I can find it, I'll provide.

Operating system is Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thanks for your reply!!!

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

@berne1007

Oh, it's not the web player they removed, I think it was the installable Spotify app. :)

The web player (open.spotify.com) just needs a web browser to function.

I'd suggest clearing your browser's cookes and cache to see if this solves the problem.

Let me know how it goes!

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Calixta

The web player should definitely work under Firefox and Chrome

Opera has issues under Linux as it's missing encrypted media extensions (not available for the platform, as said 2 years ago).

I'd suggest wiping your browser's cookies and cache to see if this cures anything.

Also, try incognito window of the browser.

Let me know how it goes :)

Calixta

I know it should work with Firefox because I have been using Spotify for around 3 years and I never had any problems !

I already tried wiping the cookies and it's still not working... 

I even tried desinstalling mozilla and downloading it again and it's sills not working

I haven't tried the incognito mode, I will try that and let you know !

Anyway, thanks for the answer ! 

sbwinter2

I am having the same problem. I can't play almost any song in Firefox any longer. It skips over many songs until it can find one to play, or starts a song, and then stops after a few seconds and skips it. Sometimes it skips so many that it goes right into the ads. Then it skips many more and plays the ads again. About a week ago, it played everything, so what happened?

This is not just in my playlists, but also in a search results list of songs. Nothing has changed on my end - same computer, same browser version, same internet speeds. Spotify just doesn't work any longer.

sbwinter2

Just checked: this is also on Chrome, so not just a Firefox problem. This is a Spotify problem.