"Add songs" view showing song title twice and no artist name

Hey folks,

We've received reports regarding the "Add songs" view showing song title twice and no artist name (see screenshot).

Writing to confirm we're currently looking into this. Thanks for staying with us in the meantime!

Add songs - issue.png

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to inform you that this should now be fixed! Just make sure your Spotify app is updated to the latest version.

Cheers!

Comments
indyana207

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

The screens of lists that show when you are adding songs to an existing playlist (Suggested, <Genre> for you, etc.) are displaying song title and then below the title, in smaller font, is song title. I believe that should be artist? See attached screenshot for an example.

Replication:

1. Visit Your Library
  2. Tap name of a saved playlist you can edit
  3. Tap Edit playlist button
  4. Tap Add Songs button
  5. This should display a list of Suggested songs under the search bar that has the issue. Swiping to other panels shows same problem. On my device, Recently played displays songs correctly with artist.
Screenshot_20220117-205424.png
Screenshot_20220117-212641.png
Peter
Spotify Legend
Hey @indyana207,

Wow, so weird... I just tried reproducing this on Android 10 Spotify version 8.6.94, but the artist's name is appearing as expected in the second row below the song title.

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app on your device and see if that helps? Just follow the steps here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/4746485

If that doesn't work, could you share your exact Spotify version?
indyana207

Spotify app version

Okay, I completed the clean install (cleared app data/cache, uninstall, shut down and then turn on phone, install from Google Play Store), but the behavior in the Add Songs search screen is the same, with duplicated song title and no artist.

I also have a Chromebook with Spotify, so I'll go check that out and see if same thing is going on in the app there...

Peter
Spotify Legend

@indyana207 Try logging in using a different account on the same device (the Android 12) to see if it might be an account-based issue.

indyana207

I don't have a different account, so I can't do that on the Pixel 5 unfortunately.

On my other device (Chromebook with same Spotify login and Google user), the problem is NOT replicable and the lists correctly show song title and artist.

However, the app seems a bit different, as the buttons are not the same: Your Library > <tap playlist> > Add Songs > screen (note that there isn't the intermediate screen with the "Edit playlist" button).
Spotify version 8.6.94.306
Operating system Chrome OS version 98.0.4758.51 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

indyana207

Went to Google Play Store on Chromebook above and used Update on Spotify, now app on my Chromebook DOES show issue with duplicated song title (and has that Edit playlist button as in the original replication). Since the same device that was working now doesn't work after app update, I assume it's something specific with app version 8.6.96.422.

Spotify version 8.6.96.422
Operating system Chrome OS version 98.0.4758.51 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Applebyd

Having exactly the same issue. Not duplicated on Laptop

Clean install completed

MafeG

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies.

@Applebyd We checked this from our side and were able to replicate the issue. We'd like to investigate further, so please share with us the following info: 

We'll be on the lookout.

Applebyd

Thanks.

MotoG 5g plus

Running Android 11. I've attached the update history.

Spotify build. 8.6..98.900

Screenshot_20220128-073458.png
Mario
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

We've received reports regarding the "Add songs" view showing song title twice and no artist name.

Writing to confirm we're currently working on finding a solution. Thanks for staying with us in the meantime!

Related Issues