Need help? Check out our FAQs for solutions to a wide range of topics.
We're receiving reports that when using Connect the device name gets replaced by the label "Android" in the device picker.
If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.
We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!
Thanks for reporting this issue to us.
We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.
If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.
Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:
Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.
Pixel 3XL/4XL PC Desktop
Android 11, Windows 10
Spotify Android version: 22.214.171.1240
PC Desktop Version: 126.96.36.1992.g54f36e5d-a
When I try to use Spotify Connect to my 2 Android Device (3xl, 4xl), they are not labeled by their respective phone names I only get ANDROID label. I believe this feature was working before, I am not sure what changed.
Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!
Could you run a clean reinstall of the app, following this device specific guide and let us know if the issue persists?
Yup I went ahead and uninstalled Spotify from the phones and from the PC. It still had the same issue with the Microsoft Store version and the regular installer version. Unsure what is causing the issue at this point.
Thanks for the reply and the screenshot.
We'd like to troubleshoot why this might be happening.
Could you try connecting a few of your devices to another network, like a mobile hotspot and check if it's still happening?
Keep us psoted.
I took your troubleshooting step and went ahead created a hotspot for the devices to connect to. We had the same results with the naming of the Spotify Connect labels of the phones. Im thinking it might be an android update of Spotify where its labeling the device as just basic. Without the use of the PC version, the labels for each phone is still, just Android and not the phone's respective names. Pretty weird that no one else has reported this bug also. including other Android branded phones.
Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.
Can you let us know if that only happens with those two phones? If possible, could you check with another mobile device and let us know if it also appears labeled like that?
Also, try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if this behavior persists. This would help us narrow down the possible cause of this issue.
We'll keep an eye out for your reply.
Thanks for keeping us posted.
Take your time to test it using a different account. That way we'll be able to determine if this is related to the account itself, as we haven't been able to replicate this.
We'll be looking out for your reply.
Hey there @remister,
Thanks for getting back to us.
No worries, you can first log out from your account and then head here to create a new account to check if the issue persists there.
On another note, we'd recommend checking if the OS of your devices has any pending updates.
We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂